1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Deleting all banned users?

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by Matt51723, Feb 2, 2011.

1. Matt51723

Matt51723 New Member

Hey is there a way to delete all people in one user group? More specifically all my banned users.

Back in the days when I had vBulletin I was getting hit HARD with spammers, and had to install a mod to ban spammers, managed to gather up close to 10k. Now I want them deleted.
  2. Dean

Dean Well-Known Member

You could certainly do them one at a time, search for banned members then click on the red x on each one of them.

I would guess you are looking for a more elegant method, which would most probably be an data base query. Rather than I taking an educated guess what the exact query might be I will let someone else give that to you which actually knows.
  3. Matt51723

Matt51723 New Member

lol yeah I figured it would be a query or something, I have a bit of sql knowledge but like you, I don't want to risk it on a guess lol.
  4. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

There is no simple query for this. There are too many tables involved. You would need a proper addon to process the users through xenForo's user system. If you are a programmer then you can post in the Development Questions forum for help with this. Or post an Add-on Request and some one may be able to write this for you.

I am sure this feature will be added in a future version. But as the devs have said, they had to pare down the feature set for 1.0 in order to release it in a reasonable time frame.
  5. Matt51723

Matt51723 New Member

Oh ok thanks :)