As designed deleted user / Likes still appear

erich37

I just deleted a certain user, but the "Likes" from this user are still showing up in the system.

Did rebuild caches but the "Likes" of this user do not disappear.

I just deleted a certain user, but the "Likes" from this user are still showing up in the system.

Did rebuild caches but the "Likes" of this user do not disappear.
This is most likely because it is content that is liked, not users. Therefore, deleting a user will have no effect upon the content they have posted and whether or not people liked it. As such, it is working as designed.

well, I deleted this user because he was a spammer. But he still liked a few posts.
So I have the name of this person showing up at my website in form of "Likes", but in fact this user does not exist at my website anymore.

Does not make sense to show the name of that user within the "Likes".
Imagine the username of this user is some strange name and he likes many posts. Then you figure you mark him as a spammer or quickly delete the user from your system.
You will still have this username appearing..........

so as said, I have deleted a user from my system which actually liked a Forum-post.
Now another person (her name is Claudia) "liked" the same post.

Now the name of the specific user which I deleted is not appearing anymore (no idea why). Which is actually great, but it looks a bit strange as the word "and" is still showing up.

Please see the screenshot below:

bug_deleted_user_like.webp

Imagine the username of this user is some strange name and he likes many posts. Then you figure you mark him as a spammer or quickly delete the user from your system.
You will still have this username appearing..........
Yes, this is especially a problem if the username is very disturbing. Not likely to happen often maybe, but you would like to be able to delete it.

I Hate this, we can't even by the Spam Cleaner delete the user likes!
Aren't the user likes, user content too? Soo why isn't that possible? o_O

Hey,

Ahh, is there still no Fix? I have many deleted Users, but the likes are there. Sometimes the Username is there (but the User is deleted), and sometimes there is only: deleted User .

Top Bottom