1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

As Designed deleted user / Likes still appear

Discussion in 'Resolved Bug Reports' started by erich37, Apr 4, 2011.

1. erich37

erich37 Well-Known Member

I just deleted a certain user, but the "Likes" from this user are still showing up in the system.

Did rebuild caches but the "Likes" of this user do not disappear.
  2. Kier

Kier XenForo Developer Staff Member

This is most likely because it is content that is liked, not users. Therefore, deleting a user will have no effect upon the content they have posted and whether or not people liked it. As such, it is working as designed.
  3. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

Plus with this being cached, I don't think there's a real way to stop this.
  4. erich37

well, I deleted this user because he was a spammer. But he still liked a few posts.
    So I have the name of this person showing up at my website in form of "Likes", but in fact this user does not exist at my website anymore.

Does not make sense to show the name of that user within the "Likes".
    Imagine the username of this user is some strange name and he likes many posts. Then you figure you mark him as a spammer or quickly delete the user from your system.
    You will still have this username appearing..........
  5. erich37

so as said, I have deleted a user from my system which actually liked a Forum-post.
    Now another person (her name is Claudia) "liked" the same post.

Now the name of the specific user which I deleted is not appearing anymore (no idea why). Which is actually great, but it looks a bit strange as the word "and" is still showing up.

Please see the screenshot below:

6. dutchbb

dutchbb Well-Known Member

Yes, this is especially a problem if the username is very disturbing. Not likely to happen often maybe, but you would like to be able to delete it.
  7. Krochinzky

Krochinzky Member

Shouldn't be costly to have a mass like deletion on user removal from the json likeUsers column
  8. kkm323

kkm323 Well-Known Member

I'm facing the same problem :mad:
  9. erich37

I remember this was improved.
    Which XF-version are you running ?
  10. kkm323

kkm323 Well-Known Member

1.1 RC1,
    I really want to delete those user? i am just afraid the likes would remain there?
  11. mauzao9

mauzao9 Well-Known Member

I Hate this, we can't even by the Spam Cleaner delete the user likes!
    Aren't the user likes, user content too? Soo why isn't that possible? o_O
  12. BamBam

BamBam Active Member

Ahh, is there still no Fix? I have many deleted Users, but the likes are there. Sometimes the Username is there (but the User is deleted), and sometimes there is only: deleted User .
  13. rellek

rellek Well-Known Member

Try those SQL queries in phpMyAdmin (don't forget to create a backup!)
    DELETE FROM xf_liked_content WHERE like_user_id NOT IN (SELECT user_id FROM xf_user);
    UPDATE xf_user AS u SET like_count = (SELECT COUNT(lc.like_id) FROM xf_liked_content AS lc WHERE lc.content_user_id = u.user_id GROUP BY lc.content_user_id);
    And then this script:
    Alluidh likes this.