Resource icon

Deleted Content Search 1.0.0

No permission to download

Xon

Xon submitted a new resource:

Deleted Content Search - Searchable soft-deleted content

Allows non visible (soft-deleted or moderated) content to be searchable by users with the permission to view that content.

Does not push deleted/moderated status into the search backend, and as such introduces extra overhead due to deleted content being filtered as a post processing step.

Manual post-installation steps - Rebuild Search Index

On installing for he first time, please rebuild the Search Index for the following content types:
  • Threads

Read more about this resource...

do you think is possibile to limit that to staff so normal user don't get search degraded?

or maybe a separated search that works only on deleted stuff?

do you think is possibile to limit that to staff so normal user don't get search degraded?

or maybe a separated search that works only on deleted stuff?
I've got some ideas, but haven't had time to implement them yet. I've been doing some Search add-on dev work, so perhaps in a couple of weeks I'll have something I can release for this.

I've got some ideas, but haven't had time to implement them yet. I've been doing some Search add-on dev work, so perhaps in a couple of weeks I'll have something I can release for this.
Any changes?

@Xon so a partial-solution could be disable the addon when search for delete content is not needed?
Doesn't help, as the data will be in the search index and still get filtered out by XenForo.

I've been poking at the problem on & off, and may build my solution into Elastic Search Essentials once I'm happy with it. but I've got a lot of other work to be done first.

This add-on is now unmaintained.

The equivalent functionality will be added to the next major update of ElasticSearch Essentials, and will allow search for normal users to remain unaffected by the increased amount of data in the search index.

Top Bottom