XF 2.2 Deleted a default navigation item

Alternadiv

I deleted the built in members navigation item and some of its children. Apparently, I had it set as a child of a custom nav item, which I deleted, so the children were deleted too.

I remade one using members as the ID but it XF doesn't pick it up as a default so its automatic phrases/conditions/relationships don't behave the same. Is it possible to fix that?

I'm not sure what all makes a public nav item "default". The differences I know of are that you can't delete it normally and you can't edit the ID or title directly (use phrases instead). But with the new one that I had to recreate, I can edit the ID and title, which makes me wonder if that should be reported as a bug or if it really doesn't matter (although inconsistent).

Default nav item that can't be edited from this page:
Screen Shot 2021-11-23 at 10.57.27 AM.png

Recreated "default" nav item that can be edited, presumably forever now.
Screen Shot 2021-11-23 at 10.56.48 AM.png

@Chris D - Is this something you want me to report as a bug, even if just for consistency purposes?

Also, do you happen to know if there is already a suggestion to ensure a default nav item is not deleted when its parent item is deleted? Even if that also doesn't matter to you guys, it's still a weird inconsistency/loop hole since you can't normally delete default items.

Top Bottom