Delete user and all posts?

Rho Delta

I have a user that wants their account deleted as well as all of their posts, how do I go about doing that?

If you delete posts of a user, threads that he has participated in will become very difficult to read as content is missing.

A better option is to edit the users information and do the following:
  1. Change password
  2. Remove all personal details, avatar, user title, signature etc...
  3. Rename user to something else. For example if his user ID was 15743, I would rename to User15743.

I would not humiliate myself by asking for a tutorial, if I could understand the steps. After I've done it once, maybe I'll understand. But right now, I don't understand the nature of those features. Maybe it is clear for you, so that is why I'm asking for help...

Regards,

Andre

The spam cleaner is explained on the help page I linked to earlier.

Deleting an account is done in the ACP and doesn't really require explanation - you simply delete the account.

Thanks Mike... I'll try...

I read the content of what Brogan posted.

The Spam Cleaner itself can be run from several locations:

• On a thread or profile post by clicking the Spam link to the right of the time and date.
  • On a member card by clicking the Spam link which overlays the avatar.
  • On a profile page by clicking the Spam Cleaner link below the member name.
Clicking any of those links will result in a Spam Cleaner overlay from where you can select the actions to be taken. This can range from a simple IP check, to a permanent ban and removal of all content.

spam-cleaner.png

1- I enabled the Spam Cleaner permission on the member's User Permissions screen. I also made sure I can use it too, and it's setup properly in my own permissions.
2- I looked for the SPAM mention when I hover over the avatar on the member's card - not there. In fact I do not see any SPAM mentioned in any of the locations, or the "thread tools" or moderators tools.

I'm using 1.5, so I don't know if this could be a problem. I also changed the style for the default but the words SPAM are nowhere to be found in these locations.

Anything else I can try?

Many thanks!

Andre

2- I looked for the SPAM mention when I hover over the avatar on the member's card - not there. In fact I do not see any SPAM mentioned in any of the locations, or the "thread tools" or moderators tools.
The criteria is most likely incorrect.

As it explains on the page:
The Spam Cleaner can be made available for use on members, based on message count, elapsed days since registering, and the number of Likes that member has received. This is configured via the Spam Cleaner User Criteria option.

For any members who do not meet the criteria, by having a higher message or like count or having been registered for more days than the set limit, the spam cleaner will not be available. It will be necessary to increase the values to make it available for those members.

To make the Spam Cleaner available at all times, set all three values to 0.

I found it in Options/Spam Management. I put everything at 0 for criteria and now I could see the SPAM option.

I think this is much too complicated and dispersed information. I hope there will be a consolidation of these kinds of parameters in the near future... :)

Good night all, it's now 4:20 am here.

Regards,

Andre

And please try to answer with complete answers if you are to try and help. Telling me to read a page is not helpful. I read all the time, search the forum, and when I ask for help, I usually spent a good chunk of time trying to solve it by myself. It should be obvious after 5 years of existence and the number of threads (none I found were helpful beyond "it's explained here" or "you have to use this feature." It's not always as straight-forward or "logical" as I expect it to be.

As a user/client, I need to be told where I need to go. Xenforo is complex enough, any practical help is the form of: go here, find this, modify that, and it should work, and btw make sure you verify this or that setting too, because it's connected to this feature, etc. - is welcome. That's what I hope to find, even more so when the sun is about to rise and I'm exhausted...

I mean it to be constructive, not complaining. Thank you!

Considerable time and effort has been spent writing those help pages.

Directing you to the page was the correct approach.

It's incumbent on you to actually read it when instructed to do so.

Top Bottom