Defer JS [Deleted]

Having this odd problem when this is enabled. When I go to create a thread, instead of the mouse cursor starting in the title field as by default, it brings me automatically to the bottom of the page. Tested with plugin disabled, back to normal.

Having this odd problem when this is enabled. When I go to create a thread, instead of the mouse cursor starting in the title field as by default, it brings me automatically to the bottom of the page. Tested with plugin disabled, back to normal.
Couldn't reproduce :o

I am trying to figure out a hugely annoying issue on my forum. Members are reporting no reply or post boxes to type in as well as other issues like upload buttons not showing etc.
This is even on the default theme. I removed this add-on recently and wonder if it's left anything behind. It seems to be js and cache related. So if anyone can help it would be a massive help.

If you uninstalled the add-on then it wouldn't be modifying anything from the standard behavior. You can delete the files to be sure, but I would suspect a custom style issue or another add-on.

upload_2016-9-2_11-41-47.webp

When i'm connected on mobile hot spot and mobile is connected thru 3G. This problem doesn't occurs when connected by cable. Any solutions?

I can't reproduce when throttling my connection to 3G speeds. Is this issue persistent? If so, could I have a URL to your site? You can send it in a conversation if you like.

View attachment 140241

When i'm connected on mobile hot spot and mobile is connected thru 3G. This problem doesn't occurs when connected by cable. Any solutions?
Your ISP/gateway might be doing something weird to the response. Can you dump the response and look at it? It should be JSON, but if upstream from your device is mangling the response who knows what it could look like.

Yeah, now that I think about it, that's the most likely culprit. That's not the JS itself causing the error, but rather XF trying to parse a JSON response to check for unread alerts/conversations. It looks like the response is malformed.

Reactions: Xon
Hello! Sorry for late response.
The error occurs when i'm trying to submit a thread edit. I can't edit my threads when i'm using 3G.

My OpenX ads stopped working. What do I enter in the blacklist area so it doesn't interfere with the OpenX code? I entered OpenX.net, and it didn't seem to work.

I already have placed my js files before the closing body tag, but google page speed still complains the js files block page rendering. As far as I can see it is also necessary to add a "defer" attribute for every js file to satisfy google.

Like this:
Code:
<script defer src="/myjsfile_1.js"></script>
<script defer src="/myjsfile_2.js"></script>
<script defer src="/myjsfile_3.js"></script>
Does your addon add a defer attribute? That would be very helpful,,, @Jeremy P

I'm still not getting any PageSpeed complaints with the current method. The rule title refers to scripts and CSS, but if I expand the file list only CSS files are listed as violations. Last time I looked into <script defer ...> there were some issues but the exact details escape me at the moment. I'll re-evaluate it when I get the time.

From what I can tell, it gives special instructions to browser to actually 'defer' JS regardless of where you have it placed. Pretty sure ngx_pagespeed use that method for their Defer JS module, but I didn't really get how it worked and neither did I do any research, so I stick with this add-on, lol

Top Bottom