suggestion threads

Xenforo types of forums
discussion forums
article forums
question forums
suggestion forums

source: https://xenforo.com/docs/xf2/forum-thread-types/

addon with a new thread type:
(1) competitions with 10-point scale post rating, users rate posts (1-10)
https://xenforo.com/community/resources/ozzmodz-thread-type-vote-competition.9099/
(2) tmdb

Are there any other thread types ?

suggestion for a wiki thread type

I always thought a Classified Ad thread type would be a nice add-on for many of us to have. I am going to be using the Article thread type to implement something similar, but it would be more efficient if the data were presented more clearly for visitors, and it had a more prominent call to action button where they could send a private message to the person listing the ad. In essence, I would want it to look similar to the existing listing sites for our special interest. Also, it would have a few tools for the thread starter to make the ad easier to manage.

@Bob said ...

A Thread Type is a type of a THREAD (Discussion, Poll, Article, Question, Suggestion).

A Content Type is a type of a piece of CONTENT (Thread, Post, Conversation, ProfilePost, ProfilePostComment, Resource, Resource Category, Resource Rating, Resource Update, Resource Version etc etc etc)

All Thread Types are the Content Type thread.

XFRM has 5 Content Types: resource, resource_category, resource_rating, resource_update, resource_version

XFRM also has Resource Types (Uploaded file, External download, External purchase, Fileless). This is at a much lower level than Thread Types, however, its still the same concept in that there are different TYPE of Resources, but in the end, they are still the content type resource.

XFMG has 8 Content Types: xfmg_album, xfmg_category, xfmg_comment, xfmg_media, xfmg_media_note, xfmg_rating, xfmg_user_album_index, xfmg_user_media_index

XFMG also has Media Types.

CAS (my Classified addon) has 12 Content Types: cas_ad, cas_category, cas_comment, cas_feedback, cas_feedback_reply, cas_item, cas_offer, cas_offer_counter, cas_question, cas_question_reply, cas_transaction, cas_transaction_reply

CAS also has Ad Types, which is basically the same thing as Thread Types, which is a way to have different types of ads with their own internal features, but are still of the content type cas_ad). Ad Types: For Sale, For Rent, For Loan, For Trade, Free, Wanted, Service, Job and Announcement. For Sale ads have features specific to just that Ad Type (again, just like Thread Type Suggestion has specific features that that specific Thread Type).

Anyway, I hope that makes things clear as mud :) Keep in mind, I am not a TEACHER, so explaining development level stuff to a non developer is not my forte ;)

New Thread types:
[OzzModz] The movie database
[OzzModz] The film database addon
[OzzModz] Thread Type Vote Competition 2.0.2
[OzzModz] Thread Type Rating Competition 2.0.2

Are there any other thread types ?

I had a suggestion for a new thread type:

Top Bottom