Not planned default theme de xenforo! What's his name ?

14DH01

Hello,​
Sorry if I post in the wrong places, and if the issue is already addressed.​
why the theme of XenForo called 'default theme? "must be baptized, because if you owns SEVERAL themes, we put another default theme and not that of current xenforo named" default theme ".​
there is confusion in the ACP and the choice of the theme by the user.​
The simplest is to give a name to the theme which is included in the XenForo and add it to the resource (for re-install in case).​
in short, a theme must be baptized by name and not by a name like "default style".​
do not tell me that you can change the name. We need Mike or Kief, nome a name to their theme

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Then just rename it.
not because it is always in the default FTP (www / style / default /) ;)
more if I put another default style must not be the same name as that in the core​
  • PHPBB named "subsilver"
  • vBulletin named "default style"
  • XenForo named "default style"
  • invisionBoard named "ipboard"
  • myBB named "myBB Default"
  • Wordpress named "twentyen/twentyeleven..."

This thread made me think about this:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

not because it is always in the default FTP (www / style / default /) ;)
more if I put another default style must not be the same name as that in the core​
PHPBB named "subsilver" (y)
vBulletin named "default style"​
XenForo named "default style"​
invisionBoard named "ipboard"​

It's a legitimate suggestion. Personally i don't care either way but it's in the incorrect area. If this is indeed a suggestion for the devs to change the name then it's probably better placed in the suggestions area.

Renaming the default style now could have consequences if the new name is the same as a custom style which someone has already set on their site.

I really don't understand the issue though - simply rename the style and change the image path.
Or create your own named style.

yes Kief or Mike should have named their theme .​
Renaming the default style now could have consequences if the new name is the same as a custom style which someone has already set on their site.

:rolleyes: it is never too late to do.:D
even with a notice for an update?​

sorry this is not a name

Now don't get me wrong, I can see the validity in your (btw is this a suggestion to the devs?) but they titled it "Default Style" so technically it is a name, a title for the style but just clashes with the term that you may set a custom style to default and that is where your argument lies and why your, are you suggestion a title change? because it's in discussions. Suggesting/discussing this to be discussed/changed.

Edit: baffling probably still better placed in the suggestions area.

Now don't get me wrong, I can see the validity in your (btw is this a suggestion to the devs?) but they titled it "Default Style" so technically it is a name, a title for the style but just clashes with the term that you may set a custom style to default and that is where your argument lies and why your, are you suggestion a title change? because it's in discussions. Suggesting/discussing this to be discussed/changed.
Thank you​
most forums or CMS script called their style a name other than "Default Style".​
"Default Style" is already used in the acp to put a general style or there is confusion between

Thank you​
most forums or CMS script called their style a name other than "Default Style".​
default style is already used in the acp to put a general style or there is confusion between

Yeah, I have to be honest though I don't really care too much about the title. I can see Brogan's argument in that it may cause issues and now everyone is used to the title so the argument could swing both ways. Why change it now? It could disrupt things and to be honest xenforo is xenforo not IPB (thank god) or any other software. It's not a really issue or show stopper for me personally but you never know, if you can find additional benefits for the title change and put that forth they may consider if the argument is strong enough..

me it bothers me, because as you understand, there is confusion in the choice by default when you put a different style in ACP.​
In addition, the theme of the XenForo can be downloaded in the "resources" if a member must repeat from XenForo own style.​
:rolleyes: I see many people have problem because they remove "Default Style".​
and can not put the "Default Style" to repair​

Any time you create a new style in the ACP you get the default style, since it exists as the Master Style. I don't believe you need to keep the master style at all. And I don't remember the default style being a downloadable resource.

:mad:
you can delete my thread

thank you

It's a legitimate suggestion. If anything, asked for it to be placed in the suggestions forum and maybe more people will want this to happen and use your thread to further the argument for a title change.

There are no plans to change this (and I see no advantage in changing it - you can simply remove the "default style" or rename it as you wish). You don't have to put your images in the "default" directory either (and if you're customizing them, I wouldn't recommend it).

It's a legitimate suggestion. If anything, asked for it to be placed in the suggestions forum and maybe more people will want this to happen and use your thread to further the argument for a title change.
the "1.2" is not out yet I can not change my title.
I have no power to move my thread

I feel that the core XenForo looks a lot like vbulletin because they too are named "Default Style".
I wonder why I suddenly migrate

Top Bottom