Lack of interest Default node sort order set to alphabetical if display order is the same

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

Razasharp

Is it possible to set the default order to alphabetical if the nodes contain the same display order weight?

Is this easy enough to do with a file edit? If not could this be moved to the suggestions forum please?

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
That'd need a code change.

Can you point me in the right direction please Mike - if it is easy enough to do? Or do you think the default sort order could be changed to alphabetical in 1.3 (if you think it's a more appropriate default?)

My forum will have a few hundred sub-forums and their order will always be alphabetical.

Also, while I have your attention, is there a command line interface or an easy way to add hundreds of forums? It's taking me forever adding them manually :lol:

It's in the node model, but I haven't traced the code.

Unless you can write an API to insert the nodes, the ACP is the only option.

It's in the node model, but I haven't traced the code.

Unless you can write an API to insert the nodes, the ACP is the only option.

Ah k thanks. Do you think it might make it to 1.3? If so I will continue to add them as I am and it will be sorted when we upgrade to 1.3 :D

Can someone point me in the right direction here to override the Node sorting order. I simply want to change all the nodes to 1 where I want them sorted alphabetically. If the node display order is different then it should respect the node display number instead.

I am looking through the Node model but not seeing what I need to extend.

I recall trying to do something before close to this, took a nasty hardcode, i asked around but no threads at time got answer, and the dev offered to hire for it never got back, would be so handy to sort node order by other than display too.

Top Bottom