1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lack of Interest Default node sort order set to alphabetical if display order is the same

Discussion in 'Closed Suggestions' started by Razasharp, Jan 26, 2014.

1. Razasharp

Razasharp Well-Known Member

Is it possible to set the default order to alphabetical if the nodes contain the same display order weight?

Is this easy enough to do with a file edit? If not could this be moved to the suggestions forum please?
  2. Razasharp

Anyone have any ideas on this? (If not could a mod move this to suggestions please)
  3. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

That'd need a code change.
  4. Razasharp

Can you point me in the right direction please Mike - if it is easy enough to do? Or do you think the default sort order could be changed to alphabetical in 1.3 (if you think it's a more appropriate default?)

My forum will have a few hundred sub-forums and their order will always be alphabetical.

Also, while I have your attention, is there a command line interface or an easy way to add hundreds of forums? It's taking me forever adding them manually :lol:
  5. Mike

Mike XenForo Developer Staff Member

It's in the node model, but I haven't traced the code.

Unless you can write an API to insert the nodes, the ACP is the only option.
  6. Razasharp

Ah k thanks. Do you think it might make it to 1.3? If so I will continue to add them as I am and it will be sorted when we upgrade to 1.3 :D
  7. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

I won't make it into 1.3.
  8. Andrej

Andrej Well-Known Member

Well it would be cool if you make it into 1.4. :D