Resource icon

Dealing With Forum Spam

Just keep in mind that questions with numeric answers are much more easily guessable by bots. I recommend avoiding numeric answers.
True but I haven't had one spammer or bot get past that one in over a year it takes more than math to get the right answer , could you ;) ?

I also host Geolocal forums so I use local trivia as well , it takes more than a google search to answer some questions .
Riddles are good but not if they are common.
It definitely keeps the ones that get through down to a manageable level, No system is going to work automatically all the time , we are getting more and more real people and making them work for the answer discouraged a lot of them to go on to easier prey.

I would really like to see a query that deletes users with 0 posts. Is this an option Jake?

Thanks,
Itworx4me

I would really like to see a query that deletes users with 0 posts. Is this an option Jake?

Thanks,
Itworx4me

You can mass ban or change their user_state, but actually deleting users is not possible with a simple query because there are many tables involved. This would require a proper PHP script.

Anybody know if King Kovifor's "Spam Forum Spam" add-on was updated for XF 1.1.x? I'm using KeyCaptcha for the bots but would like a lightweight Stop Forum Spam check for human spammers (we've had good results with Stop Forum Spam with our vB sites and KK's implementation seemed like it'd do the bill until XF 1.2.x is released).

What is Xenforo.com using ? :)

Mitt-Romney-Sucks-Here%E2%80%99s-Why-Photo-by-2bp.jpg

Thanks (y)
I found this resource to be very helpful and i'm sure others will too. I was going to leave a positive review but could not figure out how.

Top Bottom