Dead Link Management [Deleted]

• When I 'fix' a link somewhere on a Status Code page, it goes back to page 1. If possible stay on the same page after the 'fix'.
Is possible but problematic. Because after the delete, the page you were on could no longer exist. That's why it always goes on Page 1

• Please make the displayed URL clickable so you can directly see what the problem / double check
Done - in the next version

• I miss the possibility to suppress an error message. This was in the previous version.
'
What exactly do you mean?

• I miss the possibility to replace a link. I have many examples where the URL is changed (remove WWW, new domain etc). Especially useful in Status Code 301.
I'm considering something for an upcoming version

• Nice to have: turn on / off Front End system (mainly the Admin bar)
As an option in the settings?

• I still cannot see the icons, but this is most likely a conflict with another addon. Tried a couple, but cannot figure out which one.
This I can not reproduce it

the next version comes;) (soon)

Is possible but problematic. Because after the delete, the page you were on could no longer exist. That's why it always goes on Page 1
Not sure, because I remove a line on a page (the 'dead') link. If it can be done, that would be great.

What exactly do you mean?
An additional option to basically ignore a URL with a certain status code, so it disappears from the list. I believe this was possible in the previous version. The suppressed links will be back when you do a new full scan, but until then you have a clean list :P

As an option in the settings?
Yes please :)

This I can not reproduce it
Don't worry about it. If I find the conflicting addon, I will let you know. I can also give you admin access to my forum if it makes it easier for you to find out. So far I'm the only one and I don't really miss it ;)

Hi

- How much resource does it consume?
- Will it constantly use resource that it could slow down your forum?
- Who is able to see those little red numbers icons... admin? user? both?

Admin can see the numbers (status codes) if you give him the rights in the user group rights. Users can, but dont must see this. Its your choice. ;)

I use it since first release - its dont slow down my forum. So I think its consume a very low portion from the server resources.

@Anthony Parsons
It runs better as the "Linkcheck" add-on, or not ... ;)

au lait updated [by PiX-house.com] Dead Link Management Extended with a new update entry:

Version 1.2

First of all a big thank you to @Axel B , which helped me a lot!
THANK YOU!!!

[add] URL List
Functions:
- List all URLs grouped by Status
- delete x Link from all posts
- recheck
- open link
- add to whitelist
- response data

[add] Whitelist
[add] option to reset the sacan results
[add] New Status "10001" - if an IP to URL resolved but the server does not respond, then the...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Can we have another option "replace link with a new link" ?
There seems to be a lot of links on my forum with index.html or index.php behind the url.
The url still works if you remove the index.html

So if we have the option to replace it with another url we can change that. :)

Ok, installed.

Why do I get a frontend error when viewing page dlm_wiki_http_status_code_link?

Where is the permission to view this page when clicking the error list from the ACP?

Ok, installed.

Why do I get a frontend error when viewing page dlm_wiki_http_status_code_link?

Where is the permission to view this page when clicking the error list from the ACP?

In the review of the add-on, a few phrases have been lost; (
This will come again! I'm sorry!

The rights for DLM (in the ACP ) equal rights for rebuild caches.

Instead of the admin/moderators always having to delete/replace the dead links.

Is it possible to allow the members to view their own dead links. That way they can easily replace dead links in their threads/posts

Maybe their could be a sub-tab in the nav called "my dead links"

And the member could click on the dead links and paste the new link without actually going into the thread

Pretty much the same option the admin has except for his own links.

Last edited:
DLM is not designed to take advantage of the user, but the admin.
I'm considering something like this could be accomplished also the user optimal access!

Yes that would be great.

Because in some forums members posts hundreds of links and sometimes the links get removed and become dead but they dont have an easy way to know which of their links are dead. If they knew which links were dead and they could easily replace them. It would save the admin and moderators a lot of time.

Plus the moderators would just delete the links. It's better the users administrate their own links.

Andy's add-on does this but with his add-on you cannot replace links and your add-on does more things.

Thanks

most members do not know what a 404 is. They understand what a dead link is.
probably most moderators do nto understand status codes either.

Last edited:
Top Bottom