Dead Link Management [Deleted]

@au lait
I read this review:
audiokid said:
Excellent add-n. Something like this should be an xenForo core feature. I have an 18 year old forum and its working no problem. One suggestion, If we could search and mass delete specific domains, this would be choice. As an example, even links with a "200" can be redirecting or moved to questionable urls. It would be idea if I could mass delete entire links of certain domain.
Has this been addressed?

The 'rebuild caches' link is a link to all rebuilds. its standard behavior to only display the rebuilds for the addon.
Why is there a need to have a admincp tab for the addon when there is only 3 links for the application? It should be in the applications tab.

I see we can process posts in time frames. This would be great, but it seems that the date imput interface does not allow us to enter a custom range. We can only try to click through each month all the way back to 2002! :eek: Is there a way to just enter the dates?

Missing phrase:
dlm_no_post_errors

Bug: this addon also scans deleted posts for dead links. This results in a mass of reports of deleted spam posts.

Please fix this.
Uninstalled for now.

Last edited:
Bug: this addon also scans deleted posts for dead links. This results in a mass of reports of deleted spam posts.
To further elaborate: we have 500k soft deleted posts. Those deleted posts are already filled with dead links. Of course the content of these deleted posts do not need link fixing. As long as this addon scans deleted posts and fills the moderation queue with a mass of reports from those 500k deleted posts this addon does not work for us.

I still cant use this addon. Please fix the bug with deleted threads.
Is there any way to remove the erroneous reports of deleted posts? Maybe uninstall it and reinstall?

I've done some more testing and found new bugs:
  1. If I select multiple links and 'delete selected links' then only 1 link is deleted. The rest is not deleted.
  2. Phrase dlm_no_post_errors is missing

Question: If you manually fix a link then how do you get the link off the list?

Last edited:
I've done some more testing and found new bugs:
  1. If I select multiple links and 'delete selected links' then only 1 link is deleted. The rest is not deleted.
  2. Phrase dlm_no_post_errors is missing
This is known by @au lait and only by threads with more then one link. I think this will be fixed in a next release...

bug with deleted threads.
Have you details about this? I use it since it was a alpha version and never have this behavior.

Have you details about this? I use it since it was a alpha version and never have this behavior.
Yes, see above. It just scans all deleted threads as well, which means it lists a large number of dead links that do not need to be addressed.
It should not scan posts that have been deleted.

Yes, see above. It just scans all deleted threads as well, which means it lists a large number of dead links that do not need to be addressed.
It should not scan posts that have been deleted.
I like that it does that, I don't see it as a big but if you don't want it perhaps it would be good to have the option

I guess you do not manually fix links?
What point is there to list 10,000 deleted posts because they have dead links?
How do you find the posts that really need to be fixed if there are so many deleted dead links to ignore?

I guess you do not manually fix links?
What point is there to list 10,000 deleted posts because they have dead links?
How do you find the posts that really need to be fixed if there are so many deleted dead links to ignore?
I generally hard delete posts unless I think I may want them back so I don't have that many to worry about. If the deleted post gets reinstated then I would want any dead link to have been fixed already soit's fine for me that they show in the dead link list.

I see. We keep soft deleted posts to we have an archive of members their rule breaches, etc. This is why we have 500k deleted posts. Most are in our garbage bin forum, but there are many outside of it as well.

I am working on a new version!

News:
- CLI support
- First scan much faster
- Link status scan faster
- Add-On is completely rewritten
- All the mistakes you wrote to me will be fixed.
- And many new ideas;)

First testversion in about 2 weeks

Beautiful Easter!

Top Bottom