• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

DC - Staff Room Unread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Multiple nodes would be great.

What would be even better would be to allow multiple "unread" alerts and specify which user group could see them.

For example:

Moderators/admins would be shown number of unread threads in staff forum
Registered users would be shown number of unread threads in Announcement forum
Premium user group would be shown number of unread threads in Premium forum
Etc

I realise the above would be a massive change and would probably be beyond the scope of what you planned so understand if it's something you don't want to do :-)

I would like to be able to add more than one node
This is great. If this will support multiple private forums i will surely make a donation...

May look at this sometime later today if I get chance. At the moment it will do any child forums to the forum in which you request, however I know this isnt exactly what you mean. Thinking of doing it as a comma separated list of nodes to enable this which will then mean you dont have to include child nodes too.

Multiple nodes would be great.

What would be even better would be to allow multiple "unread" alerts and specify which user group could see them.

For example:

Moderators/admins would be shown number of unread threads in staff forum
Registered users would be shown number of unread threads in Announcement forum
Premium user group would be shown number of unread threads in Premium forum
Etc

I realise the above would be a massive change and would probably be beyond the scope of what you planned so understand if it's something you don't want to do :)

Thought about this before, and this is def the end idea for this. The problem being at present it is shown in the staff moderation bar so therefore can only be seen by staff members. So going to look for a more appropriate place for it.

I think having it in the mod bar is actually really nice. Xenfans had a "header thingy" addon which allowed you to add links, etc to the moderator bar and make the non-mod parts visible to everyone.

Utilising that extra space is really useful, especially given the limitation to the number of tabs.

I think having it in the mod bar is actually really nice. Xenfans had a "header thingy" addon which allowed you to add links, etc to the moderator bar and make the non-mod parts visible to everyone.

Utilising that extra space is really useful, especially given the limitation to the number of tabs.

might have a look at that. only a case of changing the way things are made non-visible to other users I suppose. ie. the items as apposed to the bar

Was just looking at this for an "Unread Posts" type of mod for standard members. I see this is something you've considered, please continue to consider it! ;)

Granted, this is probably a bit out of scope for this mod, but my ultimate mod for this would:

Display unread posts (somewhere).

Member configurable as to which forums they want to exclude from this count.

Admin setting per forum to exclude from members... exclude list. (So they have to display it if the admin says so)

And, maybe even add in the ability to not display nodes that are set to exclude per member.

There was a mod that did all this for another forum software. Works really well when for instance your site has multiple "categories" of users. Some look at some content and will NEVER look at others, etc. This way they can customize things to a level that makes the forum more useful to them.

Anyway, great job, hope you continue with it. =)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom