Resource icon

[dc] Smiley Manager 1.1.0

No permission to download
K I found out what it was. It was some extra padding in my style properties of message layout.

Just found a problem with this and was hoping someone could help.

I have x number of smilies and have set the smilie panel height to suit the number of smilies when composing a thread but I use a fluid style so using say a 1680 wide screen, the smilie panel on quick reply looks shocking with the smilies only taking up half the panel and leaving a huge empty space.

The only option would be to set the height to suit say a 1680 screen width which would mean everyone using a screen smaller would have a vertical slider bar, also not looking good.

Any ideas on how it to make the smilie panel a height that is also fluid?

Could you give me the link to your forum and a test account?
I have registed to your forum in your signature but you seem to disable [dc] Smiley Manager!

Hey htdesignz,

Just wondering if there were any more features being added in the pipeline for this add-on?

Batch smiley uploading was something that I think is dearly missed (it should be in the core) but I thought it wouldn't hurt to ask if this was something you would accommodate. As always you've done an already excellent job with this fine add-on and appreciate your efforts. :)

Anyone having problems scrolling the dropdown smiley box on mobile? I've just noticed this - when you scroll down a smiley page it seems to jump left/right as opposed to going downward. Then when you jump left/right back to the desired page, it may/may not have scrolled down. Auto Scrolling is turned off.

Hey htdesignz,

Just wondering if there were any more features being added in the pipeline for this add-on?

Batch smiley uploading was something that I think is dearly missed (it should be in the core) but I thought it wouldn't hurt to ask if this was something you would accommodate. As always you've done an already excellent job with this fine add-on and appreciate your efforts. :)
Yes, there will be more features added, but I've been caught up with other projects so i haven't had a chance to update the add-on

Anyone having problems scrolling the dropdown smiley box on mobile? I've just noticed this - when you scroll down a smiley page it seems to jump left/right as opposed to going downward. Then when you jump left/right back to the desired page, it may/may not have scrolled down. Auto Scrolling is turned off.
I will take a look at it

Hi there, this addon images need to be optimized for dark backgrounds.
The reason is, when I enable this the arrows borders look really bad on dark templates.

Yes, there will be more features added, but I've been caught up with other projects so i haven't had a chance to update the add-on

I will take a look at it

Probably best ignoring the suggestions I made previously in this thread since xenforo will be moving to a new editor in 1.2 (redactor). Mike Posted a Have you Seen? Just wondering whether you'll be porting the DC Smiley Manager add-on over to the new editor when xenforo upgrades?

Hopefully you will be porting it over would hate to lose category's (especially in the frontend). :p

Installed this fine on xf 1.2RC2 however, when you click on the Smilies they do not load into the post.

Also would like to make a suggestion to allow users to select Smilies as their Favorites and have that as the first category that shows up for them.

Installed this fine on xf 1.2RC2 however, when you click on the Smilies they do not load into the post.

Also would like to make a suggestion to allow users to select Smilies as their Favorites and have that as the first category that shows up for them.

I'm quite sure this won't work on 1.2 since it was built around the old editor (Tinymce) and hasn't received the update to work on the new editor (Redactor).

Since it seems this add-on has been abandoned is anyone willing to take it on and develop it? It was really very useful as the default smiley management on XenForo is atrocious

Since it seems this add-on has been abandoned is anyone willing to take it on and develop it? It was really very useful as the default smiley management on XenForo is atrocious

It's not certain that this add-on has been abandoned for sure. Whoever wanted to build off this add-on would most certainly need to get permission from the author to port it but I would be one who would like to see this add-on resurrected as front end category's is something I would welcome back. Might just be better starting from scratch if a developer wanted to take a shot at building this. @Syndol (I'd pay for this if you made it a paid add-on) :P

I hope this temporary fixes by my friend will help you.
+ Compatible with Xenforo 1.2 RC2 and Redactor.
+ Replace default smiley button.

Only follow the instructions in the file attachment if you want to replace default smiley button.
Enjoy :)

Attachments

Last edited:
Top Bottom