Resource icon

[dc] Smiley Manager 1.1.0

No permission to download
This add-on hasn't had this feature introduced yet. The main features of this add-on are what was mocked up initially. Batch uploading I'm sure will come in the future the quirks/issues have to been ironed out first before adding more features. I'm sure HTDesignz will clarify that for you shortly.

edit: Nin'jd by htdesignz. :p

This addon does not have the option of adding multiple smilies instead of one by one or this single addon is used to categorize the smilies
Right now you can use Smiley bulk import to add multiple smilies.
Shelley suggested batch upload already. It will be added in future update.

In the next update, I'm thinking of setting a cookie as Despair already suggested here http://xenforo.com/community/threads/dc-smiley-manager.36987/page-5#post-429535
And I might add an option to set the number of category you want to load when opening the panel and clicking on arrow.
What do guys think?

In the next update would it be possible to use transparent navigation icons? I noticed on dark styles the navigation icons have white matting issues applied to them so I re-created the icons and your free to use these and apply them in your next update if it helps. :)

dc-nav-matte-issues.webp

Attachments

• left.webp
    left.webp
    678 bytes · Views: 15
  • right.webp
    right.webp
    678 bytes · Views: 15
Just wondering why not just combine both left and right arrows into one sprite? You've already used a sprite for one side. Or is there a reason for keeping them separate?

Also not sure if it's just me, but I'm still not able to use smilies with the regular editor.

Just wondering why not just combine both left and right arrows into one sprite? You've already used a sprite for one side. Or is there a reason for keeping them separate?

Also not sure if it's just me, but I'm still not able to use smilies with the regular editor.

Easy enough to do if you want to do it via extra.css as a temp make do.

Upload the sprite image (in the attachment) into styles/dc/smileymanager and then add the following in the EXTRA.CSS template.

Code:
.dc_smileymanager_scrollPrev {
    background: url("styles/dc/smileymanager/dc-nav-sprite.png") no-repeat scroll 0 0 transparent !important;
}

.dc_smileymanager_scrollNext {
    background: url("styles/dc/smileymanager/dc-nav-sprite.png") no-repeat scroll -18px 0 transparent !important;
}

Attachments

• dc-nav-sprite.webp
    dc-nav-sprite.webp
    1 KB · Views: 11
Easy enough to do if you want to do it via extra.css as a temp make do.
Thanks, I'm in no rush though, my site still hasn't launched. :whistle: So I'll just hope it makes it in by default before it does heh.
For the css, you could probably slim it down to save a bit:
HTML:
span.dc_smileymanager_scrollNav { background: url("styles/dc/smileymanager/dc-nav-sprite.png") no-repeat; }
span.dc_smileymanager_scrollNext { background-position: -18px 0; }
The scroll and transparent attributes are already default values so I don't think you need to specifically declare them.

Thanks, I'm in no rush though, my site still hasn't launched. :whistle: So I'll just hope it makes it in by default before it does heh.
For the css, you could probably slim it down to save a bit:
HTML:
span.dc_smileymanager_scrollNav { background: url("styles/dc/smileymanager/dc-nav-sprite.png") no-repeat; }
span.dc_smileymanager_scrollNext { background-position: -18px 0; }
The scroll and transparent attributes are already default values so I don't think you need to specifically declare them.

Hopefully it will, it's one of the reason i posted the spritesheet. If you require the psd for the sprite htdesignz let me know. I'll probably end up posting it regardless so others can colour the icons to their preference.

uhm. HELP?!
lol

"The requested URL /smilies/ was not found on this server."
So all the smilies show up in my admin cp for dc smilies but not on the actual forum.
I click the tab and that's the error I get in a pop-up window.

My smilies are located in the /smilies/ section of my site. The permissions are right. SOOO I'm lost?

uhm. HELP?!
lol

"The requested URL /smilies/ was not found on this server."
So all the smilies show up in my admin cp for dc smilies but not on the actual forum.
I click the tab and that's the error I get in a pop-up window.

My smilies are located in the /smilies/ section of my site. The permissions are right. SOOO I'm lost?
Can you give me the link to your site and a test account?

Can you give me the link to your site and a test account?
before I give you the account I think it might have conflicted with something I was trying out ages ago and forgot about :) lol so I'm uninstalling a few things and then reinstalling this.

So I'll do this before having you go through the trouble :)

Would it be possible to include an option to only display one category (for example - and that's what I would like to do - the default XenForo smilies) when we click on the normal smilie button inside the editor?
Could you also in a future version (it would be easier to do than the previous request ^^) to take javascript out of templates and use files from the js folder with minified js & full source as reference?

Thank you again for your addon. It's working great.

Ah... okay so my test site (offline) works. My live site does not work. I sent you the account information. Whenever you get the chance I appreciate it.

Something isn't working right. Seems fine in the admin panel, but when I click the smilie dropdown tab, I get:

The server responded with an error. The error message is in the JavaScript console.

When I check the console, I see:
Code:
PHP
xenforo.js:195
c.extend.handleServerError xenforo.js:195
c.extend.error xenforo.js:193
f.resolveWith jquery.min.js:16
v jquery.min.js:16
c

Would it be possible to include an option to only display one category (for example - and that's what I would like to do - the default XenForo smilies) when we click on the normal smilie button inside the editor?
Could you also in a future version (it would be easier to do than the previous request ^^) to take javascript out of templates and use files from the js folder with minified js & full source as reference?

Thank you again for your addon. It's working great.
About my first request, I was lazy and used this css to my extra template ;) :
Code:
/*Smilies Box*/
    .xenForoSkin .mceSmiliesMenu div
    {
        height: 55px;
        overflow:hidden;
    }

#mce_fullscreen_xenforo_smilies_menu .mceSmiliesMenu div
    {
        height: 100px !important;
        overflow-y:scroll;
    }

Something isn't working right. Seems fine in the admin panel, but when I click the smilie dropdown tab, I get:

The server responded with an error. The error message is in the JavaScript console.

When I check the console, I see:
Code:
PHP
xenforo.js:195
c.extend.handleServerError xenforo.js:195
c.extend.error xenforo.js:193
f.resolveWith jquery.min.js:16
v jquery.min.js:16
c

Still not having any luck. Anyone have an idea?

About the problem with the RTE bbcode editor (From TinyMCE to BBcode editor), here is a fix for the function insertSmilieInEditor (template: dc_smileymanager_smilie_items)

Code:
        function insertSmilieInEditor(editor, $smilie) {
            if ($smilie[0].nodeName.toUpperCase() != 'IMG') {
                return false;
            }

if ($.isFunction(editor.execCommand)) {

$bbcodeEditor = $('.bbCodeEditorContainer');

if( $bbcodeEditor.length != 0 )
                      {
                          $('.bbCodeEditorContainer > textarea').insertIntoInput( $smilie.attr('alt') );
                      }
                      else
                      {
                          editor.execCommand(
                        'mceInsertContent', false,
                        $smilie.parent().html()
                    );
                      }
            }
            // just textarea
            else {
                editor.insertIntoInput( $smilie.attr('alt') );