[DBTech] DragonByte Tweet Poster

[DBTech] DragonByte Tweet Poster 1.4.0

No permission to download

DragonByte Tech

DragonByte Tech submitted a new resource:

[DBTech] Tweet Poster - Automatically post new threads to Twitter.

Instantly share new threads posted in select forums to Twitter. Supports adding hash tags, either pre-defined or manually during posting, and prevents your tweets from going over the 280 character limit.

Why use Tweet Poster?

Tweet Poster allows your users to stay up to date with your forums' news even while they're not at the computer, by having new threads posted in certain forums automatically post to your Twitter feed.
Additionally, search engines tend to prioritise links found...

Read more about this resource...

I flagged this product as Beta, but the release thread for this mod @ our site was posted to Twitter successfully so chances are it's working just fine :)

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Fillip

Post to facebook + tweet would make it a paid worthy add-on :)
This is a port of our vBulletin mod with the same name which was free, and since it was completed in less than 3 hours I'd feel really bad charging for this :P

That being said, it is possible to set up Twitter to auto-post to Facebook, although don't ask me how as it was set up years ago :P

Fillip

Does this support multiple twitter accounts?

Even more complicated, could we tweet one forum to one twitter account and a second forum to a different twitter account?

I flagged this product as Beta, but the release thread for this mod @ our site was posted to Twitter successfully so chances are it's working just fine :)

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Fillip

Image Preview aren't support?

Nice addon!

But it needs to be able to pull image from attachments. I always add images to my tweets (and usually the same ones that I have used in the linked forum post.

Either pull automatically, or at least have a field where we can select which image to use upon thread creation.

Nice addon!

But it needs to be able to pull image from attachments. I always add images to my tweets (and usually the same ones that I have used in the linked forum post.

Either pull automatically, or at least have a field where we can select which image to use upon thread creation.
I have no current plans to extend this addon in such a way, sorry.

The entire reason why this addon was released originally for vBulletin was that I wanted to have the forum auto-post to Twitter when we released a new mod, but why not also release it for free since it wasn't that much effort.

Now that DBTech moved to XF2, this plugin was needed once more, and charging for it would be rather silly considering it doesn't do, well, anything people are requesting in this thread :P

I don't like the idea of taking a once-free mod and making it paid, as it alienates people who only wanted what was in the free version. The Lite/Pro split is not the norm in the XF community so that model doesn't really work either.

That's not to say I'll never release an update, but I'm sure you'll understand if I end up focusing on paid products :)

Fillip

I have this error in install.

Code:
To prevent potential issues, please resolve the following warnings before continuing:

The hashes.json file for this add-on is missing so no file health check can be performed.

I would love it if you could also do the opposite. Take a tweet and automatically make it post as a user in a thread. Could you add that in or make it a separate paid mod?

Reactions: CJ6
Top Bottom