[DBTech] DragonByte SEO URLs to XenForo 2

[DBTech] DragonByte SEO URLs to XenForo 2 1.2.0

No permission to download
OK, I guess that´s a good thing as it confirms that the overall redirect works. So, this one does not work:

while this one works:
https://avforum.no/forum/av-rom-kon...204-hjemmekino-tilbygg-linger-med-alcons.html
-> redirecting to:
https://avforum.no/forum/index.php?...et-i-kinoen-dreamscreen-ultraweave-v6.233481/

So, this means that the issue is with redirecting to a specific post, in the above example -post1324194. Any idea if this is caused by the overall XenForo redirect, or is this related to the SEO rewrite?

DragonByte Tech updated [DBTech] DragonByte SEO URLs to XenForo 2 with a new update entry:

1.0.0 Alpha 3

This update adds support for Attachment URLs rewritten using DragonByte SEO, as well as fixing a few problems with "Go To Post" and "ShowPost" URLs.

These fixes are not applied retroactively, so if you need these fixes you will need to re-import your DragonByte SEO URLs.

If you have not come across any reports of 404 errors with your old URLs, you probably don't need this update.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hi there,

I have a vB4, that was recently imported. I have the XF importer installed, but your addon imported 0 urls. The previous table vb_dbtech_dbseo_resolvedurl, has 160k+ entries - what step might have I missed?

Hi there,

I have a vB4, that was recently imported. I have the XF importer installed, but your addon imported 0 urls. The previous table vb_dbtech_dbseo_resolvedurl, has 160k+ entries - what step might have I missed?
None :)

It won't list anything as imported, because it creates a file in internal_data/dbtechRedirects/urlFormats.php which contains a list of all your URL formats and their settings.

These formats will be used to inspect any incoming URLs to see whether they match those formats. If the URL matches, it'll be converted back to the standard vB4 URL before being passed on to XF's redirect plugin.

None :)

It won't list anything as imported, because it creates a file in internal_data/dbtechRedirects/urlFormats.php which contains a list of all your URL formats and their settings.

These formats will be used to inspect any incoming URLs to see whether they match those formats. If the URL matches, it'll be converted back to the standard vB4 URL before being passed on to XF's redirect plugin.
I checked the file and it contains the items required.

Previous
Expected redirect
Actually yields a 404 - as it stops at the previous url.

Friendly urls do work when I go to domain.com/threads/106002
Would you suspect I need dedicated rewrite rules? The ID's have remained the same.

I checked the file and it contains the items required.

Previous
Expected redirect
Actually yields a 404 - as it stops at the previous url.

Friendly urls do work when I go to domain.com/threads/106002
Would you suspect I need dedicated rewrite rules? The ID's have remained the same.
Did you select the import log table in the "vBulletin Import" setting from the default XF301VB addon?

There's nothing beyond that that should be needed, so if that doesn't work then I don't know, sorry. As you might imagine, rewrite rules and redirects can be quite complex and fickle, so I released this add-on more as a "it works for us and if it works for you as well, grand" type deal, if that makes sense 😅

I did.

I understand. I just wonder if there is a way to just create some rules for urls meeting this criteria to be changed

"You're now ready to start the import. Once started, the import will continue to run while this browser window is open. Once all data has been imported, further instructions will be displayed." Clicked ."Start import" and directly after that i have got following exception as result.

An exception occurred: [ErrorException] [E_WARNING] preg_match(): Compilation failed: two named subpatterns have the same name at offset 207 in src/addons/DBTech/Redirect/XF/Mvc/Router.php on line 50

Any ideas from you guys? I have installed Xenforo 2.1.7, XenForo Redirects for vBulletin 1.1.5, [DBTech] DragonByte SEO URLs to XenForo 2 1.0.0a3 and as surce vBulletin® Version 4.2.3 and DragonByte SEO v1.4.0 (Pro).

Last edited:
You're now ready to start the import. Once started, the import will continue to run while this browser window is open. Once all data has been imported, further instructions will be displayed.

Clicked ."Start import"

and directly after that i have got following exception as result.

An exception occurred: [ErrorException] [E_WARNING] preg_match(): Compilation failed: two named subpatterns have the same name at offset 207 in src/addons/DBTech/Redirect/XF/Mvc/Router.php on line 50

1.XF::handlePhpError()
2.preg_match() in src/addons/DBTech/Redirect/XF/Mvc/Router.php at line 50
3.DBTech\Redirect\XF\Mvc\Router->routeToController() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 65
4.XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->route() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 47
5.XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run() in src/XF/App.php at line 2184
6.XF\App->run() in src/XF.php at line 391
7.XF::runApp() in admin.php at line 13

What was wrong and how to manage with the issue? Any ideas from you guys?

I have installed Xenforo 2.1.7, XenForo Redirects for vBulletin 1.1.5, [DBTech] DragonByte SEO URLs to XenForo 2 1.0.0a3 and as surce vBulletin® Version 4.2.3 and DragonByte SEO v1.4.0 (Pro).
What version of PHP are you running?

Also, only the latest version of DBSEO is supported, which at the time of writing is 2.0.40 IIRC.

PHP 7.2. on the server with Xenforo. Import was successfull. Few lines in urlFormats.php related to VB CMS coused the issue.

Last edited:
Is it possible to redirect vBulletin/DBSEO-URLs to a subdirectory?

My current situation: I'm using WordPress and vBulletin side by side, vBulletin runs in the domain root, the index.php has been renamed and WordPress is the main landing page although it is already installed in a subfolder.
I know that the index.php of XenForo can't be renamed and I am actually looking for a solution to keep XenForo in the root folder AND to keep WordPress as the default homepage.

If that's not possible, I will have to move XenForo to a subfolder and set up redirection to keep the old vBulletin/DBSEO URLs alive.

Getting the following error when trying to run the import:

Code:
ErrorException: [E_NOTICE] Undefined index: dbtech_dbseo_rewrite_rule_attachment_attachment in src/addons/DBTech/Redirect/Util/Url.php at line 868
XF::handlePhpError() in src/addons/DBTech/Redirect/Util/Url.php at line 868
DBTech\Redirect\Util\Url::prepareUrls() in src/addons/DBTech/Redirect/Import/Importer/DragonByteSeo.php at line 333
DBTech\Redirect\Import\Importer\DragonByteSeo->stepUrls() in src/XF/Import/Runner.php at line 242
XF\Import\Runner->runStep() in src/XF/Import/Runner.php at line 59
XF\Import\Runner->run() in src/XF/Admin/Controller/Import.php at line 234
XF\Admin\Controller\Import->actionRun() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 350
XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 257
XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchFromMatch() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 113
XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 55
XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run() in src/XF/App.php at line 2300
XF\App->run() in src/XF.php at line 488
XF::runApp() in admin.php at line 13

Getting the following error when trying to run the import:

Code:
ErrorException: [E_NOTICE] Undefined index: dbtech_dbseo_rewrite_rule_attachment_attachment in src/addons/DBTech/Redirect/Util/Url.php at line 868
XF::handlePhpError() in src/addons/DBTech/Redirect/Util/Url.php at line 868
DBTech\Redirect\Util\Url::prepareUrls() in src/addons/DBTech/Redirect/Import/Importer/DragonByteSeo.php at line 333
DBTech\Redirect\Import\Importer\DragonByteSeo->stepUrls() in src/XF/Import/Runner.php at line 242
XF\Import\Runner->runStep() in src/XF/Import/Runner.php at line 59
XF\Import\Runner->run() in src/XF/Admin/Controller/Import.php at line 234
XF\Admin\Controller\Import->actionRun() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 350
XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 257
XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchFromMatch() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 113
XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop() in src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php at line 55
XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run() in src/XF/App.php at line 2300
XF\App->run() in src/XF.php at line 488
XF::runApp() in admin.php at line 13
What version of DBSEO are you trying to import from? If it's anything but the very latest, that could be a missing setting.

Looks like it's listed as System Version: 1.4.1
Yeah that's a bit old, 2.0.40 is the latest version. If they have a paid license that's expired, I'd be happy to bump it for free so they can install the latest version before importing, just DM me with their username @ DBTech and I'll get it done :)

There's also a chance that just fixing the assumption in Util/Url.php would make it work, but I wouldn't necessarily trust the data to be imported correctly from such an old version 🤔

Top Bottom