[DBTech] DragonByte Donate

[DBTech] DragonByte Donate [Paid] 3.0.3

No permission to buy ($14.95)

DragonByte Tech

DragonByte Tech submitted a new resource:

[DBTech] DragonByte Donate - Accept donations from members.

DragonByte Donate is a professional donation mod, allowing administrators to accept donations from PayPal (additional options available via [bd] Paygates as an optional add-on).

Uses

DragonByte Donate is the ideal product for forums that wish to accept donations from their members. Featuring the ability to create multiple different donation drives, an advanced recurring donation drive system and optional integration with [bd] Paygates for multiple payment processors,...

Read more about this resource...

Perfect. We were waiting for it to replace with the other add-on that we have.

But we can't use it until it supports [bd] Paygate: ZARINPAL that uses [bd] Paygates . because this is the only payment way that we can use in our site and our current add-on supports it. Generally no one in our country will be able to use this add-on without supporting that payment method because we don't use paypal at all (I also suggested it for Credit add-on)

Any plan to add them?

Thanks in advance

Perfect. We were waiting for it to replace with the other add-on that we have.

But we can't use it until it supports [bd] Paygate: ZARINPAL that uses [bd] Paygates . because this is the only payment way that we can use in our site and our current add-on supports it. Generally no one in our country will be able to use this add-on without supporting that payment method because we don't use paypal at all (I also suggested it for Credit add-on)

Any plan to add them?

Thanks in advance
As per the description, this mod has optional [bd] Paygates support. If you want/need to use Paygates, and have it installed, Paygates will take priority and the default PayPal form will no longer show.

Will it be possible to import from AWC donation and subscription system?
I can certainly look into that :)

EDIT: Can you link me to this mod? I cannot find it just now.

Fillip

As you may know I am currently running vbulletin and will soon jump to xf 1.5
How about going from vb+vbdonate to xf + DBT Donate?
Will there be an importer from vbdonate?

As you may know I am currently running vbulletin and will soon jump to xf 1.5
How about going from vb+vbdonate to xf + DBT Donate?
Will there be an importer from vbdonate?
The problem with trying to import from vBulletin into XenForo is that vBulletin supports table prefixes, XF does not. Many users don't know what their table prefix is, whether they use one, or how to check it.

That's one reason why there's no immediate plans of having an importer from vBulletin at this time. There are other technical reasons as well (such as not being able to rely on XF's addon list to determine whether an addon is installed), but that's the primary reason just now.

Fillip

The problem with trying to import from vBulletin into XenForo is that vBulletin supports table prefixes, XF does not. Many users don't know what their table prefix is, whether they use one, or how to check it.
Amazing!
They had to fill it in their vb config.php file. Otherwise their site doesn't work.
All vb to xenforo import scripts request the table prefix. This includes the stock importer. Any admin who imported their board from vb will be used to providing the table prefix in the xenforo importers.

Amazing!
They had to fill it in their vb config.php file. Otherwise their site doesn't work.
What about the people who take over their forums from someone else? They didn't have to fill out anything.

I have been providing support for dozens of vBulletin products for over 5 years, it might be surprising to you but there are a not insignificant amount of people who don't know their table prefix.

All vb to xenforo import scripts request the table prefix. This includes the stock importer. Any admin who imported their board from vb will be used to providing the table prefix in the xenforo importers.
To be clear, I'm not trying to say I won't add an importer from vBDonate, but at the moment I believe people who have not only imported from vBulletin but also used our vBDonate product are in the minority compared to people who are interested in changing from another XenForo donation product :)

I will be investigating this importer in the future :)

Fillip

I also get this error log each time I try to save currency but it doesn't:
Code:
ErrorException: Fatal Error: Using $this when not in object context - library/DBTech/Donate/DataManager/Currency.php:82
Generated By: Hamed-Azimi, A moment ago
Stack Trace
#0 [internal function]: XenForo_Application::handleFatalError()
#1 {main}
Request State
array(3) {
  ["url"] => string(58) "http://mysite.com/admin.php?dbtech-donate/currency"
  ["_GET"] => array(1) {
    ["dbtech-donate/currency"] => string(0) ""
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(8) {
    ["currency"] => array(7) {
      ["currencyid"] => string(3) "TOM"
      ["description"] => string(23) "تومان (ایران)"
      ["active"] => string(1) "1"
      ["displayorder"] => string(2) "10"
      ["denomination"] => string(5) "Toman"
      ["primarycurrency"] => string(1) "1"
      ["exchangerate"] => string(3) "1.0"
    }
    ["action"] => string(6) "update"
    ["_xfToken"] => string(8) "********"
    ["_xfRequestUri"] => string(47) "/admin.php?dbtech-donate/currency&action=modify"
    ["_xfNoRedirect"] => string(1) "1"
    ["_xfResponseType"] => string(4) "json"
    ["do"] => string(8) "currency"
    ["id"] => int(0)
  }
}

also where is the link to donation's home page? I don't have any navigation link or any thing on user bar or so. No where to find it. Although I have permission to donate and see donation.

I try to add our currency.
When I fill the fields and click on "add new currency" it does nothing.
Hotfixed :)

also where is the link to donation's home page? I don't have any navigation link or any thing on user bar or so. No where to find it. Although I have permission to donate and see donation.
There is no home page. You need to set up a donation drive and have it displayed on either the front page or the sidebar.

Fillip

There is no home page. You need to set up a donation drive and have it displayed on either the front page or the sidebar.
Kidding me? o_O:D
We never show them on front page or sidebar.
We used to also have its own home page. And just showing them there.
And it home page, we could see list of campaigns and when we click on them, we would enter to its page abd see pay buttons and list of donars and comments and so.
Well, our privacy is not in a way to let us show them on front page or sidebar. And definitely home page for it would be so useful.
I suggest it, and hope you add it one day.

Using it is a little (or maybe a lot) confusing for us.
In our old donation add-on which supports bd paygates, we had our country's currency (that was added by bd zarrinpal add-on) and we juts activated that currency in our donation system and easily were but with this add-on, although I added the currency, but still we can't use it as it must.
For example I want to create a donation drive with 500000 Toman, but it just create 9999.
Also I find no place to set it to use bd zarinpal as its paygate. It just goes to paypal.

In our old donation add-on which supports bd paygates, we had our country's currency (that was added by bd zarrinpal add-on) and we juts activated that currency in our donation system and easily were but with this add-on, although I added the currency, but still we can't use it as it must.
For example I want to create a donation drive with 500000 Toman, but it just create 9999.
There's no limit to the amount value used in the AdminCP (technically, 10 digits and 2 decimals, but no-one would need such a high number).
Also I find no place to set it to use bd zarinpal as its paygate. It just goes to paypal.
This is handled entirely by the Paygates mod, I simply request all available forms from the bd paygates mod.

Fillip

but no-one would need such a high number).
See, we are not using $. So in our currency that number is not so high. A simple example, 500000 toman equals $160.
But because we want to refer users to zarinpal (and not paypal) and zarinpal get toman (and not $) so we use that number.
Even when i enter 500000 it changes it to 9999.
Also our currency doesn't have decimal.

This is handled entirely by the Paygates mod, I simply request all available forms from the bd paygates mod.
Im sure you are pro. But it seems you are new to bd paygates. Maybe a quick look at my current donate add-on (that i dont use it anymore) can completely show you how bd paygates will completely be supported with your add-on.
You did an awesome work so far, but to be honest, we are not able to use it. Donate is getting money, and we cant have our currency and our paygate, so we don't have anything at all.

Anyway, thanks for bringing your donate addon to xf. I'll watch the resource. Hope you complete it one day.

See, we are not using $. So in our currency that number is not so high. A simple example, 500000 toman equals $160.
But because we want to refer users to zarinpal (and not paypal) and zarinpal get toman (and not $) so we use that number.
Even when i enter 500000 it changes it to 9999.
Also our currency doesn't have decimal.
Where exactly are you seeing this?

Im sure you are pro. But it seems you are new to bd paygates. Maybe a quick look at my current donate add-on (that i dont use it anymore) can completely show you how bd paygates will completely be supported with your add-on.
If there were any developer tutorials for the mod that would be handy of course, as it stands I can only look at and replicate what other donation mods do in order to support bd paygates.

Fillip

Top Bottom