Daylight Savings Time

Adam Howard

2:00:00 am EST = Sunday, November 4, 2012.

Just a friendly reminder that this coming Sunday, November 4, 2012 brings to an end of Daylight Savings Time. You will need to set your clocks back 1 hour on Saturday night (November 3, 2012) before you go to bed. :whistle:

Just a friendly reminder that this coming Sunday, November 4, 2012 brings to an end of Daylight Savings Time. You will need to set your clocks back 1 hour on Saturday night (November 3, 2012) before you go to bed. :whistle:
For the US anyway.

I believe it varies around the globe.

Do they still make clocks that don't self-set with time servers? :)

Why the announcement? This already happened.
Are you from the future? :)

Do they still make clocks that don't self-set with time servers? :)
There are still plenty of things that need to be manually set.
I have (2) microwave oven, oven, (2) TVs, bedside clock. Not sure about my (2) DVR.
3 car clocks. Lawn sprinkler.

About the only things that are automatic are my computers, cell phones and tablet.

I have a bedside clock that has a daylight savings button. It's awesome. One press and the time goes forward or back an hour.

I have a bedside clock that has a daylight savings button. It's awesome. One press and the time goes forward or back an hour.
You would think all devices would have a GPS chip by now that would adjust the time based on location.
Or maybe pick up on a cellular network.

Automation is great...but not being able to set a device manually can be a point of failure in an automated system.

Heh, we're gonna be such lazy human beings in the foreseeable future...
I think laziness is a byproduct of entitlement....

(edit) but oddly enough I have just realized that laziness can spawn creation which is not lazy at all as creation takes energy...as long as laziness doesn't violate the principle it is just an example of conservation of energy and once done allows a body or system to use energy in a different mechanism which is good because nothing has infinite energy and everything expires.

O/T. Guess that is why all of my cars have manual transmissions. :)
I like manual transmission better myself, you have better control of the vehicle entirely if you understand the machine you are operating.

Slightly back on topic:

I have a sundial in my back yard...am I supposed to rotate it? :p

Top Bottom