1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.2 Daylight Savings Question

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by Amaury, Mar 9, 2014.

1. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

Okay, so many people in the US jumped ahead one hour today at 2:00 AM, but I noticed that times on KH-Flare from before today at 2:00 AM didn't jump ahead one hour.

For example, my last activity on KH-Flare was yesterday at 11:37 PM, but today at 2:00 AM, it should have changed to today at 12:37 AM, no?

2. Liam W

Liam W Well-Known Member

No, not really.

Yesterday you were viewing whatever you were doing at that time...

Amaury likes this.
  3. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

I know this isn't vBulletin 4, but I remember on there if you had posted something at 3:00 PM, for example, and then went an hour ahead the next day, it would change to 4:00 PM. Although I think that changed in versions older than 4.1.5.

No big deal, though. I was just curious.
  4. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

@Liam W

Scratch that. On SEGA Forum, which has vBulletin 4.1.11, time jumped ahead an hour for everything posted before DST occurred. For example, I actually created this on Friday at 7:08 PM, but now it says 8:08 PM, as you can see, and consequent posts are also an hour ahead, except for Momonpso's since she posted after DST occurred.

Maybe it's because vBulletin actually has DST options, whereas, and I believe this is what @Mike told me, DST is built into the time zones on XenForo.

Like I said, though, no big deal. I was just curious.
  5. Martok

Martok Well-Known Member

If you did something at 11.37 pm yesterday then that's the time you did it at, irrespective of whether or not the clocks went forward this morning. In fact forum software that changes the time to 12.37 am is wrong.
    Amaury likes this.
  6. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

Good point. In which case, what I posted above is wrong, right?
  7. Martok

Martok Well-Known Member

Which bit?
  8. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

Regarding SEGA Forum.
  9. Martok

Martok Well-Known Member

Yep, it's wrong. If you posted it at 7.08pm yesterday then it should still show that time, not 8.08pm because of DST settings.
  10. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

Friday, not yesterday, but same thing. :p