Fixed Date of birth doesn't follow RTL - RTL issue

Moshe1010

lbstesting.png

Who hates RTL more than me? probably every developer on the planet.

It's in the same order as it is in LTR, just flipped, which is correct. Presumably you're talking about a more general localization issue (day or month first) but that's not RTL specific and it's not something that we've done anything about -- I'm not sure if that will change.

It's in the same order as it is in LTR, just flipped, which is correct. Presumably you're talking about a more general localization issue (day or month first) but that's not RTL specific and it's not something that we've done anything about -- I'm not sure if that will change.
The problem with that in RTL that it doesn't make a lot of sense like in the English version. I got it wrong in the picture, right now it's:
Year --> Day --> Month

And it should be:
Day --> Month --> Year

If you look from left to right, it's completely reversed.

Then it's a localization issue. In the US the formatting is Month - Day - Year while in the UK (and many other places) the formatting is Day - Month - Year. (Yes, US is weird)

Either a future fix or a suggestion...

We format it on how we speak (once).....

June the eighteenth, two thousand and thirteen (June the 18th, 2013)

Of course if you want to get technical on how people really speak today.....

June eighteenth, two thousand in thirteen

or

June eighteenth, twenty thirteen

While Europe and the rest of the world would pronounce it....

The eighteen of June, two thousand and thirteen

Shouldn't the date format follow the settings in the language? E.g. I set mine to "d. F Y". It works fine in the whole forum, except in conjunction with the birth date. I think it's hard coded.

Fixed, as far as I understand it.
Almost there. Just to change the position of the month and the day. It should follow, from left to right:
Day -->Month --> Year
So for example, it should follow the date: 11 July 2013
Right now it's July 11 2013

The current year position is good.

Thanks.

DOB.webp

I'm not going to adjust this further - with the year as the final field, it doesn't really matter whether we show month-day or day-month, that's just a preference thing rather than an LTR/RTL issue.

I'm not going to adjust this further - with the year as the final field, it doesn't really matter whether we show month-day or day-month, that's just a preference thing rather than an LTR/RTL issue.
It's not RTL problem, but rather global. It's not a preference either since it's a format issue. If this is a preference than showing the dates in the entire system as month/day/year should be the standard, but it's not since we have a choice to change it when we create/edit a language. It should be consistent.

The current format is the English format that most of the world doesn't follow. It's like saying "please speak in miles and pounds and not in kilometers and kilograms".

It's not RTL problem, but rather global. It's not a preference either since it's a format issue. If this is a preference than showing the dates in the entire system as month/day/year should be the standard, but it's not since we have a choice to change it when we create/edit a language. It should be consistent.

The current format is the English format that most of the world doesn't follow. It's like saying "please speak in miles and pounds and not in kilometers and kilograms".

Don't forget driving on the left, that keeps freaking me out!

But on topic, after reading your first alinea I must say I agree with you. The 2nd is more of a patrial attack, but yeah..

Top Bottom