As designed Date format for "Joined" and "Birthday"

twollert

I chose the date format "d. F Y" in the ACP, so it should be e.g. "01. April 1970" (German format).

If the user don't allow to see the age, the birthday is shown as "April 1" (instead of "01. April").

Is that format supported by the PHP date function?
I don't see it listed here: http://php.net/manual/en/function.date.php

Edit: Ah yes, it's shown in the examples:
Code:
$today = date("m.d.y");                         // 03.10.01

Although interestingly, it lists "d" as 2 digits with leading zeros, which your example doesn't have.
Have you tried using "j." ?

"d. F Y" is working well in all other areas of the forum, e.g.:

xenforo_dateformat.webp

Only in the field "Birthday" (without the year!) the format isn't correct. So, I think it's a XenForo bug.

Although interestingly, it lists "d" as 2 digits with leading zeros, which your example doesn't have.

Sorry, that was my mistake. I edited my original post.

We actually hard-code the birthday format for the day-month only format, so strictly speaking this is working as designed.

Sorry, but this won't work in many parts of the world and in 2011 we call this a bug :)
What won't work? We return a localized version of date('F j'), so it will respond to translation - where's the serious limitation there?

Can you explain this part, please? (Is there a phrase "F j" which I can change to "d. F"?)
It's just the internal reference for "birthday" date types. You can explicitly override the type in the template, if it's that significant.

Kier was trying to get more info on the underlying problem. While we could expose this as a format type, it's for one place in the entire application. We try to avoid that. It may not be ideal, but is the current format acceptable?

You can explicitly override the type in the template

OK, I will do that. Thanks!
smile.png

Top Bottom