XF 1.4 Database Trouble?

ElijahGreen

I'm kind of useless when coming with databases and website development so I have no sort of knowledge with this type of stuff.

Basically, I accidentally wiped out my Xenforo database and my site seems to have trouble connecting to it now. The database has no tables now and the software refuses to connect to it. All credentials for the MySql information is correct.

I am NOT worried about the lost data and definitely not trying to recover it. I just want my site to connect to the database.

If the database is empty then you will need to restore it or reinstall XenForo.

I'm getting this error when trying to reinstall now.

Code:
Server Error

mkdir(): Permission denied

XenForo_Application::handlePhpError()
mkdir() in XenForo/Helper/File.php at line 72
XenForo_Helper_File::createDirectory() in XenForo/Install/Model/Install.php at line 291
XenForo_Install_Model_Install->createDirectories() in XenForo/Install/Controller/Install.php at line 220
XenForo_Install_Controller_Install->actionStep2() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 347
XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
XenForo_FrontController->run() in /var/www/html/install/index.php at line 18

That's a server configuration issue related to file and folder permissions.

You appear to have done a little more than wipe the database - have you also been messing around with the file server, etc?

Yeah. I've been trying to reinstall the software. I didn't do the initial install of the software when I first purchased the license so I figured I would just delete it and reupload it.

Top Bottom