DallastownOnline

Robert F Schmitz

We are in the early stages of using xenForo in place of the vB4 that we were using but I would appreciate the constructive criticism that I know one can get here.

The site is for local businesses to promote their business. Many were skeptical because it is a free service for my community but slowly, folks are beginning to sign up.

Thanks.

www.dallastownonline.com

Hey Rob, just saw your post and site. It's tough getting feedback for a business related forum when many here are 'game' related. So here I go. :-)

I like the freshness of the colors. Curious as to why your 'welcome block' uses a scroll. Haven't seen that before. Maybe you can feature the whole block without the scroll?

Personally, for a business forum, I'd probably use a tad bit narrower columns rather than using the full width of the page. For me it's a bit overwhelming or it just looks a bit like much. Might be a psychological thing.

Like how you did that slider ad top right. How did you do that?

Love the 'blog' tab! Is that an add-on? I wonder if it's possible to show even the first sentence of each of the blog entries?

Media tab makes for an interesting add-on.

Great job, Rob!! How old is your site?

Wishing you much success!

Hey Rob I did noticed that you had 2 home tabs, Also it felt a little strange going from the default orange on the home page to the forum which is blue, Maybe some extra css to achieve something like this perhaps ?

subHeading & recentNews .webp discussionList.webp

When clicking on images in the User Albums, are the images supposed to be left justified instead of centered?

I also think the site would look better if the background was all white. The ads would blend in better. (just my opinion)

Thank you all kindly for the feedback. Since originally posting, we have gotten more businesses to interact. There were some issues that cropped up and I have no idea what caused them but reverted some templates, upgraded and installed a new style.

Top Bottom