• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

Daily Threads Limit

Status
Not open for further replies.

borbole

This mod will enable you to set a maximum number of threads in forums of your choosing on daily basis.

Installation. First unzip the mod package and ftp the library folder inside to the root of your forum folder. Then go to your Acp->Add-ons->Install New Add-on->Install from uploaded file: Click the Browse button, locate the addon_DailyThreadsLimit.xml file inside the mod package and ht the Install Add On button.

To configure the mod go to Options in your Acp->Options and all the way to the bottom you will see a new setting, Daily Threads Limit. Click on it and configure the mod to your likings.
For more, please have a look at the attached screenshots below.

Thank you for reading this thread :)

If you need support with this mod, then please post at its thread at my forum:

http://www.forumservices.eu/xenservices/index.php?threads/daily-threads-limit.19/

Attachments

• Admin CP - XenForo_1301504234172.webp
    Admin CP - XenForo_1301504234172.webp
    41.9 KB · Views: 100
  • Error - XenForo_1301504200299.webp
    Error - XenForo_1301504200299.webp
    19.7 KB · Views: 83
  • DailyThreadsLimit.zip
    DailyThreadsLimit.zip
    2.7 KB · Views: 64
I may need this in the future, good job!

The default error message, however, could have been worded a bit better as it can lead users to believe that they've posted 5 times in that specific forum when they haven't even posted once.

Consider this:
"Sorry, the maximum number of 5 threads per day set for this forum has been reached. Please come back tomorrow."
or
"Sorry, the maximum number of 5 threads per day set for this forum has been reached. Go back to index."

(Yes, I know the admin can change this to whatever they choose to, just a suggestion...)

Is there any way possible you can make a WEEKLY thread limit? We want our each of our users to only be able to create a new thread ONCE per week on certain forums.

Is there any way possible you can make a WEEKLY thread limit? We want our each of our users to only be able to create a new thread ONCE per week on certain forums.

Open
DailyThreadsLimit/library/ControllerPublic/Forum.php

change
Code:
$daycut = time() - 86400;

to
Code:
$daycut = time() - 604800;

I didn't realize upon posting that this is for ALL, not per user. I'd still like others to be able to post to the forum if they haven't reached their limit. I could be wrong, but wouldn't this make EVERYONE unable to post after ONE individual had already posted? Maybe I'm wrong.

But thank you none the less if I am wrong. Hah. That is awesome. :)

Edit: The other issue I get is also when uploading said .xml I get "Please enter a valid callback method". We're running 1.0.4

I didn't realize upon posting that this is for ALL, not per user. I'd still like others to be able to post to the forum if they haven't reached their limit. I could be wrong, but wouldn't this make EVERYONE unable to post after ONE individual had already posted? Maybe I'm wrong.

But thank you none the less if I am wrong. Hah. That is awesome. :)

Edit: The other issue I get is also when uploading said .xml I get "Please enter a valid callback method". We're running 1.0.4

TBH I have never used the mod, nor even looked at the code prior to you asking if it was possible to make it a week instead of a day, so I can't give a concrete answer. Based on the wording in the warning message in the screen shots I would venture to guess the limit itself is on a user by user basis, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom