Daily Reaction Limit

Daily Reaction Limit 1.0.5

No permission to download
There is a permission ordering design issue with this addon.
Unless I'm mistaken, it's considering "user value" as priority over other user group permissions settings, and making the user group permissions settings useless.

Only way I can get permissions working is if I use the user value permissions setting only.

1712804206177.webp

There is a permission ordering design issue with this addon.
Unless I'm mistaken, it's considering "user value" as priority over other user group permissions settings, and making the user group permissions settings useless.

Only way I can get permissions working is if I use the user value permissions setting only.

View attachment 301132
Also, other permissions don't even include the "user value" permissions.

I don't see "Registered" user group in the screenshot.
Yea but I have it set. Wouldn't "user value" still override it though?

Also I think that is how permission analyzer works. It doesn't care about registered usergroup. None of my permisssions have that.

Set how?

It should. Unless you set the value to 0.

Registered user group if removed can break permissions.
I meant that registered group is still there and has exactly the same settings as moderator and admin.

Can we please either unprioritize "user value" or give the option in addon settings to disable user value altogether?

Can we please either unprioritize "user value" or give the option in addon settings to disable user value altogether?
There is no "prioritizing" of permissions in this add-on. What you are seeing is how the XenForo permissions systems work.

There is no "prioritizing" of permissions in this add-on. What you are seeing is how the XenForo permissions systems work.
I see. Can we please add the setting to disable user value please? It seems to be conflicting with XF's permissions system. I am pretty certain it isn't designed to be used with user value together? I tried everything.

You aren't setting the permissions right.
Can you tell me what I need to do then? I've been trying many variations and it goes down to the user value setting overriding everything. I have no issues with other addons.

I simply have registered users with daily limit set to 1, moderator set to 1 and admin set to 1 as a test run and it is all overriden by user value.

I have no issues with other addons.
Try adjusting the "Maximum mention alerts" permission and you will see it behave the same way the "Daily reaction limit"

I simply have registered users with daily limit set to 1, moderator set to 1 and admin set to 1 as a test run and it is all overriden by user value.
Set the value to 0 for the user then and it would act as a "Inherit from user group".

Try adjusting the "Maximum mention alerts" permission and you will see it behave the same way the "Daily reaction limit"

Set the value to 0 for the user then and it would act as a "Inherit from user group".
Hi TickTackk I appreciate the help. I do feel like Im being misunderstood and I feel like I'm going around in circles. Can you try setting the permissions for usergroups registered, mod, and admin to 1 reaction a day and not touch the permissions for a specific user? You'll notice that the specific users permissions is set to unlimited by default rather than inherit. The unlimited user specific setting known as "user value" will override all permissions.

If what you say about setting specific users permissions to 0 will fix things, that'll mean I have to set every user's to 0.

From what you proposed, I am pretty sure it may be because "user value" permissions is set to unlimited rather than inherit perhaps? I tried different things since the last message and seems like my analysis might be correct.

Just trying to report a potential oversight.

Thanks for the help ticktackk

Top Bottom