CycleChat.net moving to XF on 20th Nov 2011

CTXMedia

I've done the testing, skinning, previewing, and announcing - and this coming weekend I'm migrating CycleChat.net (1.5 million posts) from IP.Board 3.1.4 to XF 1.1

I've got a to-do list as long as my arm and have taken two days annual leave to help get things setup properly and everyone settled-in - so it should be fun. (y)

Wish me luck. :D

Thanks - I'm really looking forward to the change. (y)

How are things going for you since you migrated?
Pretty well, had a bit of a bunfight over fonts but think that will be put to bed. Not really had one complaint. I certainly enjoy the site more now. Make sure you make a nice holding page (I used 503 status code to indicate temporary error, check back later) to inform the members of what is going on.

Pretty well, had a bit of a bunfight over fonts but think that will be put to bed. Not really had one complaint. I certainly enjoy the site more now. Make sure you make a nice holding page (I used 503 status code to indicate temporary error, check back later) to inform the members of what is going on.

Yeah, I've got a copy of your holding page on my iPhone ... :ROFLMAO: ... thought it was a great example of a fun and informative moving page.

so you've got blogs, gallery, member and forums moving over?
I would love to move my 3.2 IPB version over - but what to do with the extras XF doesn't have yet?

Superb... best of luck. I've been working and am sending out my own RFP... Love your site and I *know* your user base will love the change.

I've done the testing, skinning, previewing, and announcing - and this coming weekend I'm migrating CycleChat.net (1.5 million posts) from IP.Board 3.1.4 to XF 1.1

I've got a to-do list as long as my arm and have taken two days annual leave to help get things setup properly and everyone settled-in - so it should be fun. (y)

Oh I can tell how long that list is and how excited you are just by the fact that you missed inserting your signature "Cheers, Shaun" at the end of that post. :ROFLMAO:

Good luck, Shaun! :)

lol ... I hadn't realised what a trademark the "Cheers" was ... :D

Yes I'm really looking forward to the change and I've had a much more positive response to this move; possibly because I've introduced it better and kept a similar colour scheme, but also people are commenting on how they like the way XF works. :)

"Extras" wise I am manually migrating blogs [LNblog], gallery [User Albums] and calendar [they love XenAtendo] and we'll muddle along with those as they are improved upon or as things are absorbed into the core of XF - but I've got to say, the add-ons that I'm using are really good and I'll definitely be dishing out donations in the coming weeks.

So what if it doesn't do exactly the same things - the esscense is there and we can figure the rest out as we go!! :D

Cheers,
Shaun :D

I see that you've converted to XenForo. May I request you to share your Analytics data (just the graphs, not the numbers) so that we know how XF handles traffic and how Google sees the change. :)

Top Bottom