CycleChat.net moving to XF on 20th Nov 2011

It's a bit overloaded at the moment with everyone trying to get back on all at once. It'll settle down in a while once Google stops pounding it and the cache gets established ... (y)

Hmm, your site is loading now, but there's a huge blank empty space we're all the forums should be. I'm presuming your aware of that and still having issues.

Off topic but I will have to join your forum sometime. I think I want a Surly Big Dummy and want to add to your classic section with talk about 80's era bikes. :)

I also have the strange desire to put a late model drive on simple 80s era steel. Picture full modern Dura Ace on lugged 80's steel with a brooks leather seat and handlebar wrap as a tourer and commuter. :)

Have you redirected all your IP.Board forum & topic links to xenforo link structure or did you google just reindex all your content?

Okay, thanks :)
On your board I have read that users were first complaining about the site being slow after the switch. Now, it is blazing fast. Did you change or tweak something on the server side?

Captcha is not showing up when you try and register on your site.

It's Q & A - you can only have one or the other, so I chose Q&A :)

Have you redirected all your IP.Board forum & topic links to xenforo link structure or did you google just reindex all your content?

I've used Kiers redirect scripts and .htaccess to 301 redirect the old IP.Board links.

Okay, thanks :)
On your board I have read that users were first complaining about the site being slow after the switch. Now, it is blazing fast. Did you change or tweak something on the server side?

Yes, there was an issue with MySQL which is now resolved; although there are some improvements to be made to the configuration which someone is kindly helping me with. (y)

Cheers,
Shaun :D

Yes, there was an issue with MySQL which is now resolved; although there are some improvements to be made to the configuration which someone is kindly helping me with. (y)

Cheers,
Shaun :D
Please keep us informed about the traffic and Google Analytics stuff. That's the only thing that's giving me bumps before I migrate our forums :)

Dont think about it. After migrating my site, everything explodes ;)
Google loves XF :)
I'd love to hear that as well. Did you migrate an established forum or a relatively new site? If this is not the right place to discuss it, may I start a private conversation with you?

I'll post a write-up of the move when I get chance, and follow-up with figures and observations later.

Give me a few days/weeks to get back on top of things. :)

Top Bottom