• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

CycleChat.net moving to XF on 20th Nov 2011

CTXMedia

Formerly CyclingTribe
I've done the testing, skinning, previewing, and announcing - and this coming weekend I'm migrating CycleChat.net (1.5 million posts) from IP.Board 3.1.4 to XF 1.1

I've got a to-do list as long as my arm and have taken two days annual leave to help get things setup properly and everyone settled-in - so it should be fun. (y)

Wish me luck. :D

Deebs

Thanks - I'm really looking forward to the change. (y)

How are things going for you since you migrated?
Pretty well, had a bit of a bunfight over fonts but think that will be put to bed. Not really had one complaint. I certainly enjoy the site more now. Make sure you make a nice holding page (I used 503 status code to indicate temporary error, check back later) to inform the members of what is going on.

CTXMedia

Formerly CyclingTribe
Pretty well, had a bit of a bunfight over fonts but think that will be put to bed. Not really had one complaint. I certainly enjoy the site more now. Make sure you make a nice holding page (I used 503 status code to indicate temporary error, check back later) to inform the members of what is going on.
Yeah, I've got a copy of your holding page on my iPhone ... :ROFLMAO: ... thought it was a great example of a fun and informative moving page.

optrex

so you've got blogs, gallery, member and forums moving over?
I would love to move my 3.2 IPB version over - but what to do with the extras XF doesn't have yet?

Saeed

I've done the testing, skinning, previewing, and announcing - and this coming weekend I'm migrating CycleChat.net (1.5 million posts) from IP.Board 3.1.4 to XF 1.1

I've got a to-do list as long as my arm and have taken two days annual leave to help get things setup properly and everyone settled-in - so it should be fun. (y)

Oh I can tell how long that list is and how excited you are just by the fact that you missed inserting your signature "Cheers, Shaun" at the end of that post. :ROFLMAO:

Good luck, Shaun! :)

CTXMedia

Formerly CyclingTribe
lol ... I hadn't realised what a trademark the "Cheers" was ... :D

Yes I'm really looking forward to the change and I've had a much more positive response to this move; possibly because I've introduced it better and kept a similar colour scheme, but also people are commenting on how they like the way XF works. :)

"Extras" wise I am manually migrating blogs [LNblog], gallery [User Albums] and calendar [they love XenAtendo] and we'll muddle along with those as they are improved upon or as things are absorbed into the core of XF - but I've got to say, the add-ons that I'm using are really good and I'll definitely be dishing out donations in the coming weeks.

So what if it doesn't do exactly the same things - the esscense is there and we can figure the rest out as we go!! :D

Cheers,
Shaun :D

TheBigK

I see that you've converted to XenForo. May I request you to share your Analytics data (just the graphs, not the numbers) so that we know how XF handles traffic and how Google sees the change. :)