CustomImgCaptcha: Spam Combat 2.4.1

CustomImgCaptcha: Spam Combat 2.4.1 2.4.1

No permission to download
It integrates with the core.. so if you can turn the core CAPTCHA off for registration, but keep it on for "Contact Us" then yes...

But I'm not sure you can

I know you can turn CAPTCHA on / off for lost passwords:
admin.php?options/list/users#_lostPasswordCaptcha

And Registration (Enable CAPTCHA for Guests) :
admin.php?options/list/basicBoard#_captcha

But I think once you enable it for registration, you also enable it for "Contact Us"

Last edited:
My log file was getting rather large, so I've copied the cron you have from the FBHP add-on to this.

upload_2014-1-29_22-52-14.webp

Added to Captcha.php
PHP:
public function runWeeklyCleanUp()
        {

$time_stamp = (XenForo_Application::$time) - (60 * 60); // delete everything apart from uuids in the last hour (avoids saylight saving issues)

// logs (no more than 3 months)
                $log_date = (XenForo_Application::$time) - (3 * 28 * 24 * 60 * 60);
                $this->_getDb()->fetchRow('
                        DELETE
                        FROM sf_customimgcaptcha_log
                        WHERE log_date < ?
                        ', $time_stamp);
        }

and set the Cron up.

Although, I think you've got an error in your cron, as you are basically truncating the table every Sunday (well down to 1 hours worth), as you use the $time_stamp rather than the $log_date variable.

New version
PHP:
public function runWeeklyCleanUp()
        {

// logs (no more than 3 months)
                $log_date = (XenForo_Application::$time) - (3 * 28 * 24 * 60 * 60);
                $this->_getDb()->fetchRow('
                        DELETE
                        FROM sf_customimgcaptcha_log
                        WHERE log_date < ?
                        ', $log_date);
        }

For uuids, everything but the last hour is fine (that's intentional). For log history, I'll update so at least a few months of logs are kept in the logs... but yes, clearing these logs out manually is a bit pointless. I doubt many people will need more than a few weeks of logs

thousands of pages are just not needed, I'll add weekly log clean up for this too

oh.. I've just seen your point about $log_date :confused: Thanks for pointing that out

Last edited:
Fatal error: Call to undefined method XenForo_Model_Login::convertIpToLong() in /home/user/public_html/library/Tac/CustomImgCaptcha/Model/Log.php on line 160

Disabled for now. Gotta use question and answer. =/

Fatal error: Call to undefined method XenForo_Model_Login::convertIpToLong() in /home/user/public_html/library/Tac/CustomImgCaptcha/Model/Log.php on line 160

Disabled for now. Gotta use question and answer. =/
Are you running the latest version? @tenants updated the add-on to resolve that problem with XF 1.3

Reactions: DRE
@DomainArchitect.com are you using the latest version of CustomImgCaptcha, is there an error in the ACP?

If there is no error, can you right the click the "image" and go directly to source url
... This should be working in the latest XF version, if it's not, can I possibly look at your site url and ACP

Fatal Error: Call to undefined function imagecreatefromstring()
1 minute ago - library/Tac/CustomImgCaptcha/ViewPublic/CicImg/View.php:58

cptcha.webp

Running XF1.3 and latest version of addon. Any ideas? (tried re-installing)

Last edited:
As far as I can see, it works with XF 1.3.1 (I've tried with 3 different forums, all upgraded to XF1.3.1, all images work, using IE FF and chrome).

Fatal Error: Call to undefined function imagecreatefromstring()
1 minute ago - library/Tac/CustomImgCaptcha/ViewPublic/CicImg/View.php:58

That's sounds like your php version does not have GD

The only reason imagecreatefromstring would not be defined, is if your PHP version does not have the GD extension

The GD library is a XenForo requirement:

XenForo System Requirements
  • PHP: 5.2.4+
  • MySQL: 5.0+
  • PHP extensions: MySQLi, GD (with JPEG support), PCRE, SPL, SimpleXML, DOM, JSON, iconv, ctype
  • PHP safe_mode off
https://xenforo.com/purchase/

Last edited:
tenants updated CustomImgCaptcha: Spam Combat with a new update entry:

minor update (debug info)

• Fixed a bug in not reporting human fail counts (actually fixed in the latest version of FBHP)
  • Using a 0 query method of detecting CIC version if >XF 1.2 (also added to FBHP)
  • Added an option to not log empty user answers (since many bots leave the CATPCHA field blank, thus filling up the logs)
  • Change validation of user answer: actual answer functionality
  • Added debug info for forums that can not install (no images in ACP), they only need to right click the image and "view image in new tab" to see debug

Read the rest of this update entry...

Last edited:
I've set this up and I'm still seeing spammers at the same rate... I've uploaded and configured 4 images... is this a matter of me needing to upload more or ?

Is there any reason you think these are bots. CAPTCHA will only stop automation (as long as the captcha are not easy to solve / already solved and stored), human spammers will solve captchas regardless

Top Bottom