CustomImgCaptcha: Spam Combat 2.4.1

CustomImgCaptcha: Spam Combat 2.4.1 2.4.1

No permission to download
okay, can you try this file (make sure you delete the other and don't just copy over, some servers seem to have trouble overwriting files):

Attachments

Demonstrating how easy it is to detect what CAPTCHA images humans have failed and which bots have passed once you have FoolBotHoneyPot installed with this addon:

democapthca.webp

Seriously, who couldnt tell that was a shoe o_O

Nice update!

StopBotters is a fairly important update (I'll roll it out to all my anti spam plugins, then on to others)

... I'll give more details of what it actually does in another thread (at some point), but it is further protection from spam

Are you sure it is the same addon in that update files?
Because there are a lot of files called "tutor" and not a single file the same name as in the prevoius version.

Are you sure it is the same addon in that update files?
Because there are a lot of files called "tutor" and not a single file the same name as in the prevoius version.

Sorry, the other addon had a similar name (customRegistration for a custom site)

Options >> User Registration >> Enable CAPTCHA for Guests >>Use CustomImgCaptcha

I can find it , its not there after install. Not sure why

Options >> User Registration >> Enable CAPTCHA for Guests >>Use CustomImgCaptcha

I can find it , its not there after install. Not sure why

It's there in the listener:

Code:
    public static function optionCaptchaRender(&$extraChoices, $view, $preparedOption)
    {
        $extraChoices['custom_img_captcha'] = array(
            "label" => new XenForo_Phrase('use_custom_img_captcha'),
            "hint" => new XenForo_Phrase('add_your_custom_images_first'),
            "value" => "CustomImgCaptcha_Captcha_Captcha"
        );
    }

And should look like this:

opt.webp

Do you have any other plugins installed that might also use this area?

got it working ...I removed the other plugins that do the same type of thing and it worked

Which plugin was it that you had troubles with?

In theory, they should be compatible...
Obviously CAPTCHA plugins can't be used as the same time, but they should be able both be installed at the same time

I actually suspect a XenForo bug here (unless one of the plugins / this plugin has been created incorrectly)

I should probably mention, if you also have FoolBotHoneyPot (or any other anti-bot plugins that use StopBotters), you only need stopBotters turned on once

So, I recommend, if you also have FBHP installed, only turn on StopBotters for FoolBotHoneyPot (got to the ACP for CustomImgCaptcha and turn SB off)

Top Bottom