XF 1.1 Custom User Fields in XenForo 1.1

One of the most requested features for XenForo 1.1 has been the ability to define custom fields for your users. Here's a first look at the user field system we've built.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

@Kier

This looks great, but I missed something in the options. All new Custom User Fields where displayed as a part of the "Information" / "About" on the profile page (selected for to show there). It would be great to have another type of Custom User Fields to select as a title. So you would be able to create pages with an order like:
  • Signature
  • About
  • Home Cinema
  • Computer Equipment
  • Something else
  • Interact
and a lot of fields in that ...

I hope you understand what I mean :)

With that for me your Custom User Fields were perfect ;)

@Kier

This looks great, but I missed something in the options. All new Custom User Fields where displayed as a part of the "Information" / "About" on the profile page (selected for to show there). It would be great to have another type of Custom User Fields to select as a title. So you would be able to create pages with an order like:
  • Signature
  • About
  • Home Cinema
  • Computer Equipment
  • Something else
  • Interact
and a lot of fields in that ...

I hope you understand what I mean :)

With that for me your Custom User Fields were perfect ;)

that would be great as some would like to have the custom-fields in a new Tab (instead of having them in the "Information-Tab").
For example having a custom Tab (at the very left) before the current Tab named "Profile Posts" and putting the custom-profile-fields into this custom tab.

I noticed that there is the check box in the style properties for if you show custom user fields or not. If you had to do this via a template edit in vB, you could always just input a single user field into the postbit (or wherever you wanted to put it) and not include any others. With this, it seems once you check that box it will add all the profile custom user fields to the post bit, even if I only have one I want to show up there (but I have others defined).

Any way of splitting this? (maybe you could choose to show profile fields from personal details, contact details, or both.

I noticed that there is the check box in the style properties for if you show custom user fields or not. If you had to do this via a template edit in vB, you could always just input a single user field into the postbit (or wherever you wanted to put it) and not include any others. With this, it seems once you check that box it will add all the profile custom user fields to the post bit, even if I only have one I want to show up there (but I have others defined).

Any way of splitting this? (maybe you could choose to show profile fields from personal details, contact details, or both.
See 8:07 in the video. Fields can be specified on an individual basis.

Kier,

Can you make the Home Page, Location and Occupation into custom fields like you've done with the Identities bit.

This would make it simpler for peopel that don't want them to remove them from our forums etc.

Thanks
I forgot that, :confused: Basically any user information thats not needed to make xenforo run i.e. email address, DOB etc. should be as a custom field, So that we can remove or tweak to our own needs.
Also is it possible to give access to the custom fields on a per user group setting?

I've just thought with this if everything is as a custom field as everyone would be slightly different it could help in stopping xenforo becoming a target for spam bots.

You'll all get your hands on 1.1 very soon now :)

Very appreciated sir. Last two weeks and we are preparing our server, forum and users for migration. From past experiences, we have learned that even beta release will be stable enough to do so. With very tiny probability, we might decide to wait for post-"first beta" release, once we have chance to play with it. :-)

How about the ability for users to search custom user fields? Then the system could be modified to be a "dating site" with a few tweaks. Any developers interested in something like this?

I have a suggestion: Checkbox with autocomplete-textfields: the end-user does not activate the checkboxes by clicking, but by typing text into an auto-complete textfield and then selecting the upcoming checkboxes.

I like this food: P_______
() Pizza
() Spaghetti

How about the ability for users to search custom user fields? Then the system could be modified to be a "dating site" with a few tweaks. Any developers interested in something like this?
That ability is not in XenForo 1.1, but may come in the future.

In the meantime, if any add-on developers want to come up with an interim solution, this is all you need to know:
Rich (BB code):
CREATE TABLE `xf_user_field_value` (
  `user_id` int(10) unsigned NOT NULL,
  `field_id` varchar(25) NOT NULL,
  `field_value` mediumtext NOT NULL,
  PRIMARY KEY (`user_id`,`field_id`),
  KEY `field_id` (`field_id`)
) ENGINE=InnoDB DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8;

In the meantime, if any add-on developers want to come up with an interim solution, this is all you need to know:
Rich (BB code):
CREATE TABLE `xf_user_field_value` (
  `user_id` int(10) unsigned NOT NULL,
  `field_id` varchar(25) NOT NULL,
  `field_value` mediumtext NOT NULL,
  PRIMARY KEY (`user_id`,`field_id`),
  KEY `field_id` (`field_id`)
) ENGINE=InnoDB DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8;
YA!!! finally got an answer to my question

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/custom-user-profile-fields.19967/

Top Bottom