XF 1.1 Custom User Fields in XenForo 1.1

One of the most requested features for XenForo 1.1 has been the ability to define custom fields for your users. Here's a first look at the user field system we've built.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

That's what the Value Display HTML field is all about, as shown in the video with the QR code example. It allows you to take the value of a custom field and display it however you like.

Does it works with a drop down selection for exemple ? If the member select beer it display beer image, if the member select coca cola it display coca image etc... ?

sorry, I did not understand the audio at one part of the video:
Are you saying that profile-fields which are put into "Preferences" are "hidden from public" ?

It would be great to also have "hidden" profile-fields (to be filled-in by the user), but those fields only being visible to the Administrator; hidden fields not visible by other members.

Does it works with a drop down selection for exemple ? If the member select beer it display beer image, if the member select coca cola it display coca image etc... ?

Screen Shot 2011-10-04 at 17.26.22.webp

Screen Shot 2011-10-04 at 17.26.50.webp

whats the different between the value and the text? is the value the background text to whatever is selected!! the value?!:D

Oh, i've forgotten my famous phrases question

Is it possible to use phrases for the Name & selectext?:D

whats the different between the value and the text? is the value the background text to whatever is selected!! the value?!:D
"Text" is what is shown to the user and "value" is the actual choice selection. In the video it is why Kier mentioned that the "text" selection ends up getting phrased so you could have different "text" per language but behind the scenes it would still be one consistent "value" that gets acted upon.

Kier,

Can you make the Home Page, Location and Occupation into custom fields like you've done with the Identities bit.

This would make it simpler for peopel that don't want them to remove them from our forums etc.

Thanks

In the video it is why Kier mentioned that the "text" selection ends up getting phrased so you could have different "text" per language but behind the scenes it would still be one consistent "value" that gets acted upon.
Oh it was mentioned?
thx, seems that i missed this

"Text" is what is shown to the user and "value" is the actual choice selection. In the video it is why Kier mentioned that the "text" selection ends up getting phrased so you could have different "text" per language but behind the scenes it would still be one consistent "value" that gets acted upon.
just what i had in my mind ... except now is real!! :LOL:

Top Bottom