XF 1.4 Custom user field help

C.Stanley

I have a custom user field question if someone could help. I will be using my vb site as an example (both sites are fitness sites.. OK so on my vb site i have a custom field setup they can adjust in "edit profile" and category is "stats" then in is one box for "current height" with a drop down seletion from 4'8" to 7'4" then a box for "current weight" with a drop down selection from 100lbs to 400lbs and after selected it shows in postbit like the attached image. However i am lost on how to accomplish this on XF. Help and instruction is appreciated.

postbit.webp

Thank you @Brogan that is great detailed info, however it does not guide me in the correct direction of what i am trying to accomplish. OK with a single text field i have accomplished this xen.webp
Which will have to do unless someone has a little better knowledge than me with the xf custom user field.

On VB i could create a new category called "stats" and under that category i created (2) single selection fields "height" and "weight" I then manually added heights ranging from 4'8" to 7'4" and then i manually added weights ranging from 100 to 400 then they would select from a dropbox and it would automatically add the "lbs" to the weight and keep it all together in the posbit like this. vb.webp

So if someone could explain or help me accomplush this goal i would appreciate it and pay (reasonable amount) if needed.

What i need. (No matter if done with text box or selection)

1. Figure out to keep everything on the same line in the postbit.
2. Make is show like above Stats: 5'9", 147 lbs. (automatically adding the "lbs")

Thank you

To get the output you want, you'll need to manually modify the template (message_user_info) to reference the custom field. The only way to add it automatically is how your screenshot showed it.

Thanks @Mike that's the amswer I was looking for.
I can figure that out.
Now for single selection where. (Which box) do I enter the selectable choices. For example under "weight" I have a range of 300 to enter so in which box do I add this numbers?

Can anyone help me with this same problem? I'm new to XF and I'm trying to do what the OP did.

I'd like to display f1 f2 f3 with only spaces separating them. I'd only like them to be displayed if the field is populated. I knew how to make this work on vB, but I guess I'm not understanding the instructions in the manual.

An email would help me get pointed in the right direction.

Thank you!

Can anyone help me with this same problem? I'm new to XF and I'm trying to do what the OP did.

I'd like to display f1 f2 f3 with only spaces separating them. I'd only like them to be displayed if the field is populated. I knew how to make this work on vB, but I guess I'm not understanding the instructions in the manual.

An email would help me get pointed in the right direction.

Thank you!

I'm trying to find this out for a friend too. Any info is appreciated. Thanks! ;)

Top Bottom