No permission to download
for some reason, this kind of tab:
Screen Shot 2017-04-16 at 11.32.32 PM.webp
Doesn't add the class 'selected' when is selected:
Screen Shot 2017-04-16 at 11.33.41 PM.webp

but other with other kind of tabs that feature works perfectly:
Screen Shot 2017-04-16 at 11.34.06 PM.webp

Screen Shot 2017-04-16 at 11.43.42 PM.webp

I already tried with https:// but nothing. just without the class I can't add CSS there. any idea? :/

Quite a few custom add-ons I wrote use tabs, it would be nice to simplify those into 1 addon, and just use this custom tabs as alternative.

One thing my custom tabs addon uses is an extra option to show the link of the tab in the footer; for example, when it's like the help tab or say the site's about page, stuff like that.

Another thing would be a checkbox to show the sidebar on those pages.

Could a future version perhaps support a checkbox for the footer links (off by default), respecting the same group permissions and conditions as the tab itself of course. ??

Does it support font-awesome icons? If so, it could even replace another little 'tab-rewriter' that i added to complete sticky navbar (simplify our setup)

Does it support setting the route for the tab, or do I have to do that in my add-ons? Right now my custom tabs generator uses input field for route

Just a few questions, it would save me a lot of time rewriting the other stuff, if i could move over to this one, keep the features we currently have, but get a few of the extra features this addon offers.

Last edited:
Could a future version perhaps support a checkbox for the footer links (off by default), respecting the same group permissions and conditions as the tab itself of course. ??
I'll see what I can do about that.

Does it support font-awesome icons?
Font Awesome is supported by using the font code directly in the tab title.

Does it support setting the route for the tab, or do I have to do that in my add-ons?
It has a input field where you can specify URL or just the route.

I'll see what I can do about that.

Font Awesome is supported by using the font code directly in the tab title.

It has a input field where you can specify URL or just the route.
Thank you for the reply and information. It shouldn't be too hard if you won't add it to add the footer-link code myself I guess.
Time to play around a little bit and see how much I can merge those little mods together and simplify it all, and move the tabs stuff to just this one plugin by you. I rather do that, than rewrite my own custom tabs plugin to complete it all. Kinda feels like re-inventing the wheel :)

Hi all. I looked around and did not find it. How do I get the default drop down arrows to show with tabs added by this plugin? Thanks!
2017-05-31_2005.webp

I'm not familiar with the style, so I don't know what to tell you. You would have to make adjustments to the Template Modification of the Custom Tabs add-on to match the style nav.

Hey Siropu,

how would I add an icon for this navtab? .navTab.siropuCustomTab custom-tab-1
I tried this,

Code:
.sidePanel__navTabs .navTab.siropuCustomTab custom-tab-1     > .navLink:before         {content: "\F2d7";}

It doesn't work. This does work though,

Code:
.sidePanel__navTabs .navTab.siropuCustomTab     > .navLink:before         {content: "\F2d7";}

but that will apply to all custom tabs. I need different icons for custom-tab-1, custom-tab-2 etc..

any idea? Thanks!

My site loads a massive amount of bytes from SimpleCache for every page load. This causes thousands of errors a day. This is caused by a number of addons. Custom Tabs uses the following:
["activeTabsForDisplay"]=> int(2592)

Could you please see if this can be reduced?

activeTabsForDisplay only holds the active tabs data. There is nothing to reduce.

What errors do you get?

CredisException: Read operation timed out. - library/Redis/lib/Credis/Client.php:1208
We are trying to debug this and a massive SimpleCache is something we encounter.

Top Bottom