Cannot reproduce Custom style properties: CSS changes made to the child are not saved

Dylan V

Hello,

I have noticed a problem with my custom style properties. I created my own custom framework and then I created a style that is the child of the framework:

Screenshot_2.webp

I created a block of social networks to the framework:

Screenshot_1.webp

Screenshot_3.webp

If I want to change the color of the border (arrow) on the child, the color is not saved. I have to go directly to EXTRA.css and make the modifiction:

Screenshot_4.webp

If I make the change on the framework, all changes are taken into account. I think it's a bug because logically if I want to change the CSS from the custom style properties that I changed on the child, the changes should be made.

The bug is only with the CSS, because if I want to disable the social networks block on the child, everything works:

Screenshot_5.webp

Last edited:
I'm not able to reproduce this. May need some more info on the steps to reproduce it as I have never ran into this with any of our child styles before and we have hundreds of custom properties we change with every style.

To reproduce this, create a style. Then, create a style with CSS properties and add in "EXTRA.css" style properties. Then, create a child and modify the CSS from the style properties of it. You will see that the CSS changes are not taken into account. I noticed that the problem is with border, padding, etc.:

Screenshot_8.webp

If I remove the border of this, the border will still appear in "EXTRA.css":

Screenshot_1.webp

Screenshot_2.webp

I don't understand, because this problem appears only with my properties above. If I want to change the logo text color, everything works fine.

Screenshot_3.webp

Screenshot_4.webp

Last edited:
Do you have extra.css template open as you're saving these properties?
Yes, I know that if I make the changes from the style properties and I save my "EXTRA.css" at the same time, the changes will not be taken into account. I always refresh before saving.

Last edited:
Yes, I know that if I make the changes from the style properties and I save my "EXTRA.css" at the same time, the changes will not be taken into account. I always refresh before saving.

Not exactly sure what to say, plenty of people have been using frameworks with child styles and it all works fine. I'd assume your child has an outdated template(may not show up as outdated).

**Example**
If you're putting all of your custom CSS into something like: framework_css.css and including it via public.css, make sure the child doesn't have framework_css.css and public edited so the updates would trickle down to it.

Not exactly sure what to say, plenty of people have been using frameworks with child styles and it all works fine. I'd assume your child has an outdated template(may not show up as outdated).

**Example**
If you're putting all of your custom CSS into something like: framework_css.css and including it via public.css, make sure the child doesn't have framework_css.css and public edited so the updates would trickle down to it.
Yes, it's possible. Maybe if I recreate the framework from scratch, it could work, because there probably a conflict with the updates made or an outdated template.

I can't reproduce this either. I created the property in the style, and inserted it into EXTRA.css. I created a child style and then wiped out the contents of it by editing EXTRA.css in the child style. All of the colors from that style property disappeared (both in the front end and the style property editor).

I also repeated the process by reverting the property in the child style and blanking out the values in the style property editor. They were reflected in the template as expected.

If this isn't the flow you're taking, please provide steps to reproduce -- screenshots of each step may be helpful.

I can't reproduce this either. I created the property in the style, and inserted it into EXTRA.css. I created a child style and then wiped out the contents of it by editing EXTRA.css in the child style. All of the colors from that style property disappeared (both in the front end and the style property editor).

I also repeated the process by reverting the property in the child style and blanking out the values in the style property editor. They were reflected in the template as expected.

If this isn't the flow you're taking, please provide steps to reproduce -- screenshots of each step may be helpful.
Hi, Mike,

Yes, there was I think an error with the rebuilding of my templates. I just tried again, after all redone from scratch and everything works perfectly now.

Top Bottom