Custom profile fields and a way to search them?

Forumer

Hello,

I'm interested in creating a directory of sorts where members can create elaborate profiles by providing or selecting values for various fields. I also want there to be a large community aspect of this site, which is why I'd like to see if I can achieve this with XenForo profiles (so that the directory is fully integrated with the forum).

Can N number of custom profile fields be added to XenForo? Are there options to select multiple values for fields? Can pictures be added to profiles? Can videos? Audio file attachments?

Finally, is there a way to search for profiles that have matching values for one or more custom fields? Can you search for profiles where users have been online in N number of days?

Thanks for helping us determine whether we can leverage XenForo for this purpose.

Most of what you mention above is not available and would require custom development or add ons to achieve it.

Things like pictures, videos and audio aren't supported by default.

The contents of custom fields are searchable but only by Admins in the Admin CP.

Thanks for your reply, Chris. Based on your knowledge of XenForo development, do you think it would be very difficult for somebody new to the platform to figure out how to make searching custom profile fields available to all users/guests?

Should be straight forward if they are essentially copying some of the admin controller code. A lot of the code is designed to be reusable so that should make repurposing it easier.

Top Bottom