1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.4 Custom Header Issue

Discussion in 'Styling and Customization Questions' started by iguanairs, Sep 4, 2015.

1. iguanairs

iguanairs Member

I have been working on a custom header for a few days now and I am not certain what I am doing wrong. I can't prevent the header from being pushed down when I add another div with content.

This is the default code (header template):

Code:
    <xen:edithint template="header.css" />

<xen:hook name="header">
    <div id="header">
        <xen:include template="logo_block" />
        <xen:include template="navigation" />
        <xen:if is="{$canSearch}"><xen:include template="search_bar" /></xen:if>
    </div>
    </xen:hook>
    I want this:

Code:
    <xen:edithint template="header.css" />

<xen:hook name="header">
    <div id="header">
    <div class="name">Above the entire header, pushes the whole page down versus pushing just the logo and menu bar down, overlapping the page content.</div>

<xen:include template="logo_block" />
        <xen:include template="navigation" />
        <xen:if is="{$canSearch}"><xen:include template="search_bar" /></xen:if>
    </div>
    </xen:hook>
    As I stated within the code, if I add a div with content in it, it pushes the logo and menu bar down, which causes it to overlap the page content. I have a use for an 80px tall bar across the top, above the header itself if possible. I want the actual site to begin directly after the bar. I know this is something simple with css but it is eluding me and I am frustrated. lol

2. iguanairs

iguanairs Member

I can do it in the page_container, so I will just do that.