1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.4 Custom Avatar Variable (S, M, L, ?)

Discussion in 'Styling and Customization Questions' started by Mattie Num Nums, Feb 25, 2015.

1. Mattie Num Nums

Mattie Num Nums Active Member

Hey everyone! I would like to add an additional avatar variable size. I am having Goldilocks syndrome here where S is to small, M is too small for avatars but too large in some places, and L is too big. I think 125px x 125px is just right! How do I add an additional variable to make this happen. I did some digging and found a thread but it didn't really answer my question on how to make a new variable (I did change M though but again it was too large in some places.) Any help would be appreciated greatly.

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

The sizes are fixed in code so it would require an add-on to change that.
  3. Mattie Num Nums

Mattie Num Nums Active Member

Awww shucks. Any plans in the next version of xF in adding a "c" for customized size?
    gfc likes this.
  4. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

Not that I know of, personally, but you could always make a suggestion.
  5. x3sphere

x3sphere Active Member

I hope 2.0 allows for custom sizes.
    Steve F likes this.
  6. Dryline

Dryline Member

I was wondering when replacing the standard avatar images with a custom avatar image do the sizes of the custom avatars have to match the standard sizes for s, m, and l exactly?

I replaced the standard images last night with a custom avatar of dimensions that are close to standard size, but it isn't working when I looked this morning . The sizes I used were slightly different than the standard sizes of 48x48, 96x96, and 192x192. Just wondering if the size issue could be where it bombed out.