Custom avatars will (eventually) be something we intend to flog off for users who are willing to pay.
We currently have an avatar gallery which we paid a guy to build but there's one problem...
We have literally thousands of avatars. And if you open the link to change your avatar in a new tab, it loads EVERY SINGLE AVATAR into one page (along with some other bugs that appear when that happens). We need this fixed promptly as it's killing our bandwidth and we've been unable to contact the guy who built it.
- The code we give you is copyright and you won't be able to use it anywhere else (condition of our original agreement from the guy who made it).
Alternatively, if anyone feels like building a new Gallery addon from scratch with the following features, we're happy to discuss that as well:
- Restrict avatars to being from the gallery ONLY (so users can only use avatars that are in the gallery).
- Multiple directories / categories of avatars. Adding new categories of images should be as simple as creating a sub-directory under the master avatar directory (via FTP) and uploading the files there.
- Still allow users (who have the appropriate permissions) to upload their own custom avatar / gravatar.
- Avatars should not be "up-scaled". Down is fine to make the s and m images that XenForo uses but we have avatars that are 80x80 and smaller - and currently they end up being upscaled, stretched and looking like crap.
- We use the full l sized image next to people's posts - we don't cut anything off larger avatars.