Third party Cursor moves on backspace when there are multiple lines of text.

mjda

Affected version
When I'm on my phone using the backspace key when there are multiple lines of text moves the position of the cursor.

To reproduce this, even here on XF, open a reply box, and type the following:

Test

Test

Now place the cursor at the beginning of the line before the 2nd "Test". Hit the backspace key. Now you'll see this:

Test
Test

Except the cursor will now be between the "T" and "e" in the 2nd "Test".

I'm using Chrome on Android 10.

I should also note that if the first several lines of text are blank, the cursor stays where it is, as expected. It's only if there are multiple lines of text this happens. If none of this makes any sense let me know and I'll try to get some screenshots to help better explain.

The entire Froala is a buggy mess on mobile, particularly the latest iOS. I have opted to disable the rich editor by default on mobiles. Too many complaints.

When I'm on my phone using the backspace key when there are multiple lines of text moves the position of the cursor.

To reproduce this, even here on XF, open a reply box, and type the following:

Test

Test

Now place the cursor at the beginning of the line before the 2nd "Test". Hit the backspace key. Now you'll see this:

Test
Test

Except the cursor will now be between the "T" and "e" in the 2nd "Test".

I'm using Chrome on Android 10.

I should also note that if the first several lines of text are blank, the cursor stays where it is, as expected. It's only if there are multiple lines of text this happens. If none of this makes any sense let me know and I'll try to get some screenshots to help better explain.
I believe this is now fixed in the new version of the editor. I cannot reproduce it in a few browsers that I believe I could previously, including Chrome on Android 10.

If you can verify, we'll get the bug closed. Thanks!

I believe this is now fixed in the new version of the editor. I cannot reproduce it in a few browsers that I believe I could previously, including Chrome on Android 10.

If you can verify, we'll get the bug closed. Thanks!

Well, the original steps no longer work, but the bug is still there.

Now, type the following into the editor:

Test
Test

Then put the cursor before the 2nd "Test" and hit backspace. Now the cursor will be between the 2nd "T" and "e".

Not seeing that in my tests. Also I'm not clear how those steps are different from the original ones.

We might need some more details such as specific Android version, device make and model, keyboard in use.

Are you able to show this in a screen recording in case we're missing something?

Ok this is now seemingly an issue that is exclusive to devices running Gboard. I assume Samsung has their own keyboard as I'm unable to reproduce it on there.

Pretty sure the issue existed before on all devices.

Ok this is now seemingly an issue that is exclusive to devices running Gboard. I assume Samsung has their own keyboard as I'm unable to reproduce it on there.

Samsung phones come with their own keyboard (but a lot of us substitute GBoard).

Top Bottom