cursing

Craig

Is there a section where I can have swear words automatically changed to something else or deleted?

That freedom of speech crap is just that. When members pay the hosting bills, then, and only then, can they talk any way they want to on my forum.

Beyond that at least in the US the Constitution only restricts the government (and the states by virtue of the 14th amendment) from restricting our rights to free speech. Private citizens on their own property/workplace/areas they control can restrict you however they want. If you don't like it you don't have to go on their property.

That said the way I handle this on my forum is having a separate debate hall and arena where the gloves are off and anything goes. The rest of the forum you have to play nice.

That freedom of speech crap is just that. When members pay the hosting bills, then, and only then, can they talk any way they want to on my forum.
I agree. I pay the bills so I decide what words are allowed. Beyond that I would like to see the topics remain somewhat central to the forum theme.

Top Bottom