CTA Table BB Code

CTA Table BB Code 1.1.1

No permission to download
Off the wall question here: Would it be possible to use Table BB Code to display the member list as a table (kind of like a gallery)?
If so, how would I do it?
If not, is there a way to do it?

Hi @Brogan, thanks for the add-on
first i wanted to share a website that i used to convert Office tables to BBcode - http://theenemy.dk/table/

I have an issue with the add-on, the table is coming out well, how ever it shows with allot of space from the header of the reply box (like someone pressed allot of Enters to skip lines - more than 1000 lines!!!)

thanks for replying!

The problem is showing both in the Xenforo reply box and also with the XenZine Articles addon

@wirtheim, it is not possible to make this work without the line break issue.

It is an issue related to the editor, not the bb code.

It's not really a bug is it? It's just the editor reading everything in a Rich Editor/Text format... A line break = automatic < br > being inserted.

Does this happen if you use the BB Code Editor?

Yes, I do it all the time.

You will need to create custom spreadsheets to suit your own needs.

Great, thank you for confirming. I have instances where members have information contained in excel in tables and they copy and paste it directly into the posting text editor and clean it up a bit to look sort of ok but it doesn't look as clean and concise as a proper table. This add-on presents the data in a very neat way. Would you mind giving me a brief explanation of the process of creating the table in the text editor using excel data? Is it easy enough for me to leave it to forum members to do on their own whenever they wish to enter a section of their excel tables? :)

Top Bottom