CTA Table BB Code

CTA Table BB Code 1.1.1

No permission to download
By chance did this happen to help fix the blank space issue? I haven't had the chance to try testing it again.

-Nights

It cleared up the blank space completly.

My problem I was using http://c61.su/bbtab.html to create the tables. However where I was copying and pasting, some links and image containers were missing open/closed brackets etc.

Lesson I learnt was not to rush in future!

Hello,
Thanks Brogan for this brilliant resource...
I was wondering, is it possible to get this to work in an actual page?

I've created a fantastic table, but need to embed it, if possible, into a node page - as opposed to a thread.
Is it possible?

I have used this, after making a HTML 5 / CSS 3 table, but couldn't get it responsive...
So I would be grateful to know if I can get this on a page?
Many thanks.

I have used this, after making a HTML 5 / CSS 3 table, but couldn't get it responsive...
So I would be grateful to know if I can get this on a page?
Many thanks.

I tried, but couldn't get the element right, using media queries.
Became a damn nightmare to display what I needed, so I used this to create tables instead...

I tried, but couldn't get the element right, using media queries.
Became a damn nightmare to display what I needed, so I used this to create tables instead...

As far as I'm aware, using bbcode in pages is not possible at this time. You'd have to request or make an add-on for this functionality, I'm guessing.

If you'd like, PM me and I'll see if I can help you get the HTML/CSS working properly.

-Nights

How do I put the Table BBcode so it shows up in my tool bar? I have added the custom code but it wont show up in the tool bar.

You will need to add the icon data as required.
I do not understand what to do.
My template on the site uses by default "fontawesome" icons. I need to be able to assign those icons to the new bbcode. I do not know how. I am not some smart programmer or anything. I need a guide or something.

Big problem,
I have to manually enter in the code, then on top of that once the table is in, it creates a 3 page gap from the top of the post to the bottom.
HI I am BOB

blah

from the end of BOB to the table in the post is a HUGE GAP

Hi @Brogan. I've uploaded your bb code table addon and am having trouble with some code that keeps reappearing even though I keep deleting it. I'm trying to create the table in the RM and this is what keeps happening:(see code at the top)
upload_2015-4-17_9-30-44.webp
This is the code. The code that keeps reappearing after deleting it is on the last line.

Code:
[container][table][tr][td1][B]Website[/B][/td1][td1][B]Free Courses[/B][/td1][td1][B]Paid Courses[/B][/td1][td1][B]Filtering/Sorting[/B][/td1][td1][B]Social Features[/B][/td1][td1][B]Course Tracking[/B][/td1][td1][B]Ratings & Reviews[/B][/td1][td1][B]Comparison Tool[/B][/td1][td1][B]Articles/Blog[/B][/td1][td1][B]Newsletter[/B][/td1][td1][B]Extra Features[/B][/td1][td1][B]Good for[/B][/td1][/td1][/td1][/tr][td1][td1][tr][td1][B]CourseTalk[/B][/td1][td1]Yes[/td1][td1]Yes[/td1][td1]Yes[/td1][td1]Yes[/td1][td1]Yes[/td1][td1]Yes[/td1][td1]No[/td1][td1]Yes[/td1][td1]No[/td1][td1]Includes smaller providers[/td1][td1]Large nº courses, Reviews[/td1][/tr][tr][td1][B]SkilledUp[/B][/td1][td1]Yes[/td1][td1]Yes[/td1][td1]Yes[/td1][td1]Yes[/td1][td1]Yes[/td1][td1]Yes[/td1][td1]Yes[/td1][td1]Yes[/td1][td1]Yes[/td1][td1]Related article links[/td1][td1]Skill-based resources, course comparison[/td1][/tr][tr][td1][B]ClassCentral[/B][/td1][td1]Yes[/td1][td1]No[/td1][td1]Yes[/td1][td1]No[/td1][td1]Yes[/td1][td1]Yes[/td1][td1]No[/td1][td1]Yes[/td1][td1]Yes[/td1][td1]Topical articles[/td1][td1]Free courses, Course Tracking][/td1][/tr][tr][td1][B]Accredible CourseFinder[/B][/td1][td1]Yes[/td1][td1]Yes[/td1][td1]Yes[/td1][td1]Yes[/td1][td1]Yes[/td1][td1]Yes[/td1][td1]No[/td1][td1]Yes[/td1][td1]No[/td1][td1]LMS & Showcase[/td1][td1]Large nº courses, Study management[/td1][/tr][tr][td1][B]Mooc List[/B][/td1][td1]Yes[/td1][td1]No[/td1][td1]Yes[/td1][td1]No[/td1][td1]Yes[/td1][td1]Yes[/td1][td1]No[/td1][td1]No[/td1][td1]Yes[/td1][td1]Sharable personal MOOC Library[/td1][td1]Free courses, large nº courses & providers[/td1][/tr][tr][td1][B]MyEducationPath[/B][/td1][td1]Yes[/td1][td1]Yes[/td1][td1]Yes[/td1][td1]Yes[/td1][td1]Yes[/td1][td1]Yes[/td1][td1]No[/td1][td1]Yes[/td1][td1]Yes[/td1][td1]User generated learning pathways[/td1][td1]Social Features, large nº free & cheap courses[/td1][/tr][tr][td1][B]RedHoop[/B][/td1][td1]Yes[/td1][td1]Yes[/td1][td1]Yes[/td1][td1]No[/td1][td1]Yes[/td1][td1]Limited[/td1][td1]Yes[/td1][td1]Yes[/td1][td1]No[/td1][td1]Provider comparison tool[/td1][td1]Video-based resources, filtering[/td1][/tr][tr][td1][B]Mooctivity[/B][/td1][td1]Yes[/td1][td1]No[/td1][td1]Yes[/td1][td1]Yes[/td1][td1]Yes[/td1][td1]Yes[/td1][td1]No[/td1][td1]Yes[/td1][td1]No[/td1][td1]User profile[/td1][td1]Social features[/td1][/tr][tr][td1][B]edspire[/B][/td1][td1]Yes[/td1][td1]Yes[/td1][td1]Yes[/td1][td1]No[/td1][td1]Yes[/td1][td1]No[/td1][td1]No[/td1][td1]Yes[/td1][td1]Yes[/td1][td1]Personal wizard feature[/td1][td1]Varied learning styles[/td1][/tr][tr][td1][B]LearningAdvisor[/B][/td1][td1]Yes[/td1][td1]Yes[/td1][td1]Yes[/td1][td1]No[/td1][td1]Yes[/td1][td1]Limited[/td1][td1]No[/td1][td1]Yes[/td1][td1]Yes[/td1][td1]Personalised course list[/td1][td1]Large nº courses[/td1][/tr][tr][td1][B]CourseBuffet[/B][/td1][td1]Yes[/td1][td1]No[/td1][td1]Yes[/td1][td1]No[/td1][td1]Yes[/td1][td1]Limited[/td1][td1]Yes[/td1][td1]No[/td1][td1]No[/td1][td1]Course Classification System[/td1][td1]Comparing similar courses[/td1][/tr][/td1][/td1][/table][td1][td1][/td1][/td1][/container][td1][td1][/td1][/td1]

Any ideas why this is happening?

A quick look shows there are four orphaned tags right at the end, outside the /container tag.

As well as td tags between the /table and /container tags.

Plus an extra /td tag in front of the /table tag.

Yes, those are the ones that kept reappearing after deleting. But I've found there was a space between 2 tags so problem sorted:)

I have another question: is there a way to freeze the header row so that it doesn't disappear as you scroll down?

I presume you mean to make one cell span all of the columns?

You would need to create a new colspan tag.

Add-on installed, CSS edited - but it doesn't appear to be working.

Anything within [ table ] tags will not display at all.

Any suggestions?

Top Bottom