CTA Featured Threads & Portal

CTA Featured Threads & Portal [Paid] 2.17.0

No permission to buy (£40.00)
I can't say I've ever had anyone say they were disappointed before because they code respects permissions, as the core XF code does.
It would be a major oversight and a bug if it didn't.

The purpose of featuring threads is to make them more prominent to those who can already view them.

If you want to advertise content which members don't have access to then you will need another solution.

I can't say I've ever had anyone say they were disappointed before because they code respects permissions, as the core XF code does.
It would be a major oversight and a bug if it didn't.

The purpose of featuring threads is to make them more prominent to those who can already view them.

If you want to advertise content which members don't have access to then you will need another solution.

Don't get me wrong the add-on itself is impressive, the only thing that I find disappointing is the slider, I think it's mainly used to attract users at least on my board, but yeah it's good for most ppl but it differ upon each customer use. :D

I'm happy with it anyway, just going to dig the php files to see if I can figure this out. xD

Could you please consider adding this option in future update? :)

Just installed this. Got 2 quick questions
1) How do I set so that sliders are only displayed on Home only. Right now, I set each featured thread to display "On the page only" and the sliders still show on Forum index page.
2) The text font and size of the featured threads on the Home page is different from how it will display when you view each thread. How I set so the featured threads have same font/size?

Just installed this. Got 2 quick questions
1) How do I set so that sliders are only displayed on Home only. Right now, I set each featured thread to display "On the page only" and the sliders still show on Forum index page.
2) The text font and size of the featured threads on the Home page is different from how it will display when you view each thread. How I set so the featured threads have same font/size?

1. Appearance > Style properties > CTA Featured Threads Slider > Uncheck (Enable Forum List Slider && Enable Forum View Slider)
2. You have to set it from the style properties as well, Appearance > Style properties > CTA Featured Threads Page > there you will see (thread text (avatar) && thread text (Icon)), tweak it as you like. :)

Is there a property to control the featured thread title length in responsive view? It seems to cut off the title length and I want the title to display fully.
Thanks

Yes, the Thread Title style property.

You can remove the content in the Miscellaneous box to allow the entire title to show.

Yes.

You set the defaults in the options:
upload_2015-10-14_8-20-50.webp

Then when featuring you can leave those as is, or change them on a per featured thread basis:
upload_2015-10-14_8-22-11.webp

I have Featured Threads set to my homepage, but in the Quick Navigation Menu sitemap it shows up both as Home and Featured Threads. Is it possible to remove the Featured Threads link?

If you have it set up correctly, only the Home link will show, which links to the portal page.

upload_2015-10-17_0-3-46.webp

Do you have any outdated or edited templates?

None that show up as outdated, but I will look. Perhaps it's the archive link shown in the image above? How would I change or remove that?

It's added via a template modification, which uses the content of the cta_featuredthreads_quick_navigation_menu template.

So you can edit that template to remove it, but the link will only appear if the archive is enabled.

It seems like all featured threads are automatically in slider now, is it possible somehow to have in slider only the ones I want?

It seems like all featured threads are automatically in slider now, is it possible somehow to have in slider only the ones I want?

They wont be in the slider unless you upload an image for them! (image for the slider)

You have to uncheck this if you don't want them to show in the slider:

yV0Fs4q.png

Top Bottom