CTA Featured Threads & Portal

CTA Featured Threads & Portal [Paid] 2.17.0

No permission to buy (£40.00)
There is a style property for each of those.
You should be able to add margin or padding as required to align them.

It's in the .zip package in the default style directory - styles/default/images

If you use a custom style directory, you will need to copy it to there, along with the other images.
It appears to be just white. I uploaded it see no difference. Is there a way I can remove it?

Well I don't see anything in the side bar at all and I don't seem to see the featured thread page at all.

Ok I got the page to now display thanks but nothing on the side bars at all.

upload_2014-10-5_18-35-11.webp

Also the icon to the left "Featured Stories" how do I change the size of this. I changed this option but it did not seem to do anything

upload_2014-10-5_18-36-52.webp

If the page is showing then the sidebar content will display as it is part of the page template HTML.

Read the description text below the icon width and height fields to see what else you have to do.

Ok I got the page to now display thanks but nothing on the side bars at all.

View attachment 85865

Also the icon to the left "Featured Stories" how do I change the size of this. I changed this option but it did not seem to do anything

View attachment 85866
Have you enabled the sidebar in both the Options and also in the Style Properties for the Featured Threads page?

Changing the icon size settings will only apply to any that you now upload, it won't change the size of ones already uploaded.

You really need to read through all of the information that Brogan has linked you to. It answers all of these common questions that you are asking.

We purchased this add-on but are having trouble with the slider. I can't get it to work even through we've tinkered with the settings -- timing etc... I don't know what we did wrong.

Does anyone have any suggestions why this might be?

Have you uploaded an image for each thread promoted to the slider?

They won't show in the slider until you do.

I don't see a slider or any featured threads.
Presumably you haven't granted permission to guests to view them.

This though:
They show up but the slider won't move through the various threads. You have to refresh in order to see a new FT.
Sounds like you are talking about a featured thread, not the slider.

If you visit this page: http://support.cliptheapex.com/forums/

This is a featured thread:
upload_2014-10-5_23-1-49.webp

This is the slider:
upload_2014-10-5_23-2-6.webp

Slider functionality is explained here: https://xenforo.com/community/resources/cta-featured-threads-portal.2599/update?update=10856

You didn't see the featured threads? :confused: Hmmm...

For me it looks like we have them. I will log out and back in to see what happens.

UPDATE:

Yeah, I don't see the FT when I log out. Strange. I don't understand.

You don't have a slider on that page, just a featured thread.

Okay. I suspected that based on your post with the pictures.

I assist the site's owner and he said he activated the slider. I checked and it looked like it was activated, but now I don't know why it doesn't show up.

Could you explain it to me? OR is this something he has to do?

Top Bottom