CTA Featured Threads & Portal

CTA Featured Threads & Portal [Paid] 2.17.0

No permission to buy (£40.00)
Is there anyone who can help me with the Sharing Option? I will PM the Login Details. I tried everything, also disable/enable + Updated to the new 2.10.0 Version. All Settings are enabled for sure, but the Sharing Options are not there (also on Default Style): GREX

Thx a Lot

// Ah, nevermind. I dont need this Sharing, i leave it as it is.
I notice that you don't have any share buttons at all on your site. You need to enable them in Options > Search Engine Optimization (SEO) as well as enabling them in the SPs for Featured Threads.

I notice that you don't have any share buttons at all on your site. You need to enable them in Options > Search Engine Optimization (SEO) as well as enabling them in the SPs for Featured Threads.

I am feeling like a Noob now, hehe. Thanks a Lot @Martok - :love::love:

And Brogan, this Addon is absolutely fantastic!

Thanks, I wasn't aware it didn't work in RTL.
It's one of the most popular sliders so I just assumed it did.

Dear god it took me 15 hours to convert my forum from wordpress to this portal. But its up and running and I already notice a huge speed increase with the website. Now its time to cancel all those wordpress subscriptions!

P.S. if you want to see the portal running with a slider you can check out my website here! Explore Downriver

Greg
Great to hear.

You are missing the slider control images though.
Make sure you copy both of them from the default style images directory to your custom directory.

@Moshe1010, can you add this to EXTRA.css and let me know if that's how you would expect it to look and work in RTL?

Code:
.ctaFtSliderWrapper
{
    direction: ltr;
}

.ctaFtSliderFooter
{
    direction: rtl;
}

Edit: It looks like the snippet text isn't quite right.

I've just had a suggestion from one of my moderators regarding auto-featured threads. He wondered if it would be possible for moderators (I guess this could be a named person or persons or maybe the moderator group) to receive alerts for any threads that are auto-featured? This would mainly be of benefit when using the criteria promotion (likes, replies, views) across multiple forums as you never know when a thread may get promoted. This would save having to frequently check the FT page for newly auto-promoted threads and would mean that moderators could ensure what has been promoted is suitable and, where necessary, to manually unfeature the thread if it isn't.

Only featured threads can be displayed in the slider.

I have no plans to prevent featured threads from being displayed anywhere while at the same time allowing them to be promoted to the slider.

I have no plans to prevent featured threads from being displayed anywhere while at the same time allowing them to be promoted to the slider.
Ahh, that sounds great. "I have no plans" in Brogan terminology: "You can expect to see this no later than two months from now".

Last edited:
I know i said i was feature set a few releases back but after pushing some of the new buttons i'm now using many new features and loving them.. like the ability to use a custom BG with a icon. i didn't realize we could do both simultaneously.

like the ability to use a custom BG with a icon. i didn't realize we could do both simultaneously.
:)

The possibilities for styling and customisation are really just down to individuals and their relative talents.
That's not really my thing so I'll leave it to others to show what's possible :D

You can edit the SP to remove the text-overflow: ellipsis and white-space: nowrap, then add a specific height.

upload_2014-7-24_19-22-57.webp

Here's my test slider. It would be great to have working BBcode inside slider (#1):

screen.png

And Read more... link like in featured threads blocks (although it works by clicking on text) would be great.

By #2: possible if I set featured threads as homepage (portal) to work with Unread Post Count add-on?

The slider is not intended to be a replacement for featured threads.

I have no plans to add BB Code or any post related data to slider entries; that is not what it is meant to be used for.

Top Bottom