CTA Featured Threads & Portal

CTA Featured Threads & Portal [Paid] 2.17.0

No permission to buy (£40.00)
Brogan updated CTA Featured Threads & Portal with a new update entry:

This is not a slider

I said I would never do a slider.

So, this isn't a slider, it's just something which looks like a slider, acts like a slider and happens to be called a slider... :whistle:

Important Information
I have managed to implement the new slider functionality without introducing any additional queries.
In doing so though, there will be an error generated once the new files are uploaded and until the installer is run: Mysqli prepare error: Unknown column 'slider_date' in 'order clause'

Ideally you should disable the add-on before uploading the files, and re-enable it once you have upgraded.
Regardless of how you upgrade, the error can be ignored as it will only be generated between uploading the files and upgrading the add-on.

Read the rest of this update entry...

The latest release has been emailed to all active license holders.

If you haven't received it, check your spam folder.

So, is the slider an image above the FT? OR - does the FT actually slide every few seconds scrolling through each FT you have enabled which would be totally awesome. It didn't appear on your forum as a live demo.

Read the release notes and look at the screenshots.

It is also active on my site if you want to see it in action.

Hi Brogan, before I install... Is there an option to turn the slider completely off. I don't want to yse a slider on my site.

Hm, Updating without Propblems! But i dont know where i should Upload the Slider Loader Images in my Custom Style. Directly in the Main Directory of the Style?

OK, thx. My last Question: As soon i Upload the Slider Images to the Custom Style, i have some white Bars in the Titel: Screenshot_1.webp Is this a Style Issue, or a SP Setting?

That's something to do with your style I suspect.

I don't see that on a default style, or my custom style.

Wow. Just what my home page featured threads portal was missing :D

More fine tuning in my settings to be done... Cheers Brogan! (y)

featuredthreadsslider.gif

OK, thx. My last Question: As soon i Upload the Slider Images to the Custom Style, i have some white Bars in the Titel: View attachment 78600 Is this a Style Issue, or a SP Setting?

It'll happen with any dark style when a gradient like that(or even default xf gradient) is used.

You can either remove the gradient in style properties wherever it is set, or an easy method open the image in photoshop and just clear the layer, then save it again.

OK, thx. My last Question: As soon i Upload the Slider Images to the Custom Style, i have some white Bars in the Titel: View attachment 78600 Is this a Style Issue, or a SP Setting?

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/apex-pixelexit-com-paid.72636/page-2#post-797891

I'll post it here as well.

On darker styles you may need to remove the gradient image from the Featured Threads Page (container) and Featured Threads Blocks (container)

Style Properties -> CTA Featured Threads Page -> Container

Style Properties -> CTA Featured Threads Blocks -> Container

upload_2014-7-23_17-20-49-png.78606

I have set a dimensions to blank and zero.......but it still resizes!!!.......I want it to be like on senior gamers example......any pointers chaps?

Top Bottom